Polished wheels in winter.. what do you think..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HCBPH
I have winter rims and tires for my trucks. Put the summer rims and tires away and put on the winters. When you live in the rust belt, you need all the help you can. Additionally, you don't risk having the bead damaged on the tires when switching from one to the other. You also don't have your good rims bathed in slush and salt all the time.

I have 3 vehicles with alloys and none get run in the winter. I have steels and winter treads for all of them.

My 2 cents

Paul
After thinking it over, I agree totally.. I picked up some 17's off ebay for 150.00, lucky I was the only bidder with no reserve, lol! I am going to torder 295 70 17's next week for the wheels.

Originally Posted by Fogducker
I bought some FX4 rims off a 05 F150 (17") to run on my 09 F150 XLT for winter rims, turns out that they rub on the caliper just slightly, wondering if I should just let them wear (alloy softer than the cast so the rim will wear)
Most of the 09-2010's come with 17" wheels so its odd your having and issue. Pin point the source, take the wheel off and grind very slightly the caliper so you dont have any issues. You have any pictures?

Quick Reply: Polished wheels in winter.. what do you think..