04 F150 Front Rotor Bearing Repack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 F150 Front Rotor Bearing Repack?

Hi all, quick question for you. I need to replace the front rotors on my 04 Screw (2WD) and was calling around for estimates. I was getting anywhere from $430 for rotor and pad replacement up to $750 for rotor replacement at the dealership. I ended up calling a smaller shop down the road where the guy told me he could replace both rotors for $260 out the door. I figured he may have been quoting me a price for the regular rotors w/out the hub/bearing assembly included, but he said that he has been replacing these for years by simply repacking the bearings w/out damaging the seal. After reading post after post on this forum and others, about not being able to repack the bearings on these things, I am more than a bit skeptical. Ideas?

Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if your 04 is the new style not the heritage, the you have to replace the rotors, they come loaded. you can buy the none name brand for about $85 bucks or bendix for $250 i used the cheaper and have 45,000 miles on them. you are also supposed to change the spindle nut which is a dealer only item at $21 bucks apeace. alot of people reuse the old ones, i asume they call to replace it because of 295 ft. lbs. of torque required and the nut seems to be a soft material.

Quick Reply: 04 F150 Front Rotor Bearing Repack?