Powerslot Rotor changing question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Powerslot Rotor changing question

Hey all. I have a front set of Powerslot Cryo Rotors and Hawk LTS pads on order and am wondering if I need to change the front and back all at once?

My rear pads and rotors look fine, but I'd hate to warp the new front Powerslots (due to overworking) if I can help it.

Typically I would just replace the front if I need too, but a slotted rotor is something new to me.

Will my front brakes work harder and cause warping with slotted brakes on the front and OEM style rotors on the back?

All opinions are appreciated...

Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll be fine with just a front swap. besides you stop more with the fronts then the backs due to forward momentum.
75%/25% maybe even 80%/20%

Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 AM
My thoughts exactly.. Eventually I will put on all the same rotors and pads, but not until the rears are needed. For now I'll make due with fronts only.

Thanks...

Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM

Just a side note? You will love the Cryo rotors! I have them all the way around with CarQuest Blue pads. Great combo! Braking is so much better and the biggest plus is minimal dust compared to OEM brakes.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
FWIW, I have the cryos on all 4 with Hawk LTS. I did the fronts first and waited about 2 weeks before finding the time to install the rears. I liked my braking more with PS Cryos and hawks up front with and OEM in the rear.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4
FWIW, I have the cryos on all 4 with Hawk LTS. I did the fronts first and waited about 2 weeks before finding the time to install the rears. I liked my braking more with PS Cryos and hawks up front with and OEM in the rear.
You liked the braking better with the OEM rears?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
With regards to rotors, I run Brembo OEM replacement rotors that are cryogenically treated making them almost as hard as stainless steel. For street use, slotted/drilled rotors are just “cheese-graters” for the brake pads IMHO, because unless you are involved in true racing conditions, the brake linings do not produce the gases which slotted/drilled rotors are designed to relive. In some cases, brake testing indicated reduce brake efficiency in street-based operations using slotted/drilled rotors when equal comparisons were made.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2009, 04:42 PM
yep. rear brakes dont do much anyway

Quick Reply: Powerslot Rotor changing question