Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wheel Spacers

I am currently running 1/4" wheel spacers on the front of my truck to keep the tire from rubbing the upper control arm. I was wondering if there is such a thing as 1/4" hub-centric wheel spacers? If there are, where can I get them?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, it depends on exactly what you're wanting them for. There are 2 different kinds. Are you wanting the spacer only to be hub-centric? Or are you wanting to mount a hub-centric wheel?

Yes, they are available. But they aren't required for your wheels.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm running my factory 18" FX4 wheels, which are hub-centric. In order to keep my upper control arms from rubbing my tires, I had to install 1/4" spacers on the front. The setup I have works but it is a pain in the butt to get wheel centered on the hub because there is no lip for the wheel to line up with. At highway speeds, the truck has a little bit of vibration. That is why I have been looking for hub-centric wheel spacers.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Nah, I have the same wheels. They use a conical seat lug nut and are non-hubcentric. A true hub-centric wheel uses a lug-nuts with a flat washer seat. I too had to install some 1/4" spacers so my stock wheels would clear my lift kit knuckles. The first time I put them on, I had a slight vibration. But the second time I put my wheels on, I was a little more careful when I tightened the lugs.....and everything was fine.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Oops, I hit the send button on accident. You shouldn't "need" the hub centric spacers. You should be able to just put the wheel on the studs, tighten up all the lug nuts by hand, and then torque then down evenly. The wheel should align itself to the studs, without you having to worry about anything. But, if you feel that you still need them......there's a ton of them available on Ebay. You'll want to look for a company that actually makes the spacers......not someone that simply re-sells them. I can find the name of the company that made some spacers for my ATV, if you're interested. But they're not gonna be very cheap.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
not to thread jack or anything, but I'm in the same boat kind of. I just bought 35x12.5r18 procomp etreme at's. I want to mount them on my stock wheels, and I am getting different opinions on whether they will rub the upper control arm or not. are your bfg's wider than mine? if I won't clear, where can I get .25" wheel spacers. Thanks...noob here and had to register on every f115 forum I could find, cause I need an answer by friday!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They will most likely rub the control arms slightly at full steering lock. If you install wheel spacers you may eliminate this and cause rubbing somewhere else.

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2008, 12:46 AM
well I hope not I went only bought 35's cause procomp said that the 3" lift they sold me would allow them

Old 11-27-2008, 09:50 AM
It's not a big deal really. Minor rubbing is just part of it when you start pushing the envelope on tire size. Personally, if I don't have some minor rubbing somewhere, I find myself wondering if I should have went with a larger tire.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I've dealt with minor rubbing of the tread on the fender before with two previous chevys of mine. I think constant rubbing of the sidewall on the UCA would spell disaster

Old 11-27-2008, 03:27 PM
It's not the sidewall, it more like the corner of the tread. Also, it's not constant, it's only at full steering lock, so when you feel it rub you can just back off the steering a little.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers