My new tires are bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you see this thread? If not check it out.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338018

Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Happen to catch your post in the F250 section. Also noticed that you have an 04. The 04's had issues with aftermarket wheels. I too had a 04 and had terrible luck with aftermarket wheels so I ended up trading the truck but not until it was in the shop for several things. There are countless TSB's on the 04's when it comes to shimmy. If you do a search you will find hours of reading from the 04's.

Just thought I would share that with you....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guess I should check it out then. I'll probably regret reading it though! Thanks for the input.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by UofKboy
Guess I should check it out then. I'll probably regret reading it though! Thanks for the input.
Sorry, didn't want to bag on your thread.

But I had LOTS O Problems with my 04. The rear gears needed to be aligned, several drive shafts Ford has issues with, front end issues and more tires and wheels combos than you have ever see.

I did a search listed here
https://www.f150online.com/forums/se...archid=1847276

Look at this thread in particular
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ht=2004+shimmy

It did have over 90K views, may or may not have antyhing to do with your truck but its good to be armed with data. BTW, I didn't trade my truck entirely b.c of the shimmy and shake, we bought a 5th wheel camper and I needed more power.

Funny, when I took my 20's off and put the stock wheels and tires back on and drove it to the dealer to trade, it drove like a dream. Those F150's sure do drive nice....

Anywho, best of luck to you, you're not alone.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Back to the Tires. I have never had any issues with mine. I love 'em.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the links and input guys. My problem when I had the new wheels and tires on, was all 4 had a hop on them. I really didn't have the "shimmy" alot of owners on here have, atleast not yet. When I was having this issue, I called a Eagle Alloy rep. somewhere in SC. He said that Eagle alloy wheels are "lug centric" that I would have to have a hub centric rings. I was really surprised he said that. Most guys I know don't use hub centric rings? He even gave me the hub size on my truck and the bore size on my wheel. Not even close in size.
Like I said, I went ahead and shipped the tires back. Matter of fact, my new tires just came to my door about an hour ago. So before I even put my set up back on, I'm going to put some hub centric rings on. Then if the tires still hop.......well then I have another issue. One guy who posted on this thread( don't remember who) said it was likely that I need hub centric rings.
I'm determined to get this setup right. Hopefully, it was just the tire or the lack of rings. If not, then I may have a BAD rearend problem. But like I said before, the hop was front and back??

Quick Reply: My new tires are bad!!!!