My new tires are bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra Thunders. Check my gallery. Have a pic of them on the truck.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hillbilly4u
Ultra Thunders. Check my gallery. Have a pic of them on the truck.
Man those look good! They were one of my final choices before I went with the Eagles.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey Hillbilly, where is Mouthcard?

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
30 miles south of Pikeville.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Gotcha, pretty country up your way.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah its home. Gotta place in Cave Run we go to all the time to get away from it all. I fish and the wifey hits the yard sales so all are happy. LOL

Old 06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Suspended
I actually also had a problem getting a set of Nitto TGs 33x13R18 to balance correctly. It took a while to get them tolerable, but they were never perfect. I also bought them from Discount Tire. However, Discount Tire has been great for everything else I've bought from them. A lot better than any other place I've ever used. I didn't read through the whole thread, just scanned it, did you get it fixed?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 AM
I've got one suggestion, maybe the tires aren't bad at all. You mentioned that you have them mounted on aftermarket rims, did they use the factory lug nuts or did they use aftermarket? (I looked in your gallery, looks like aftermarket). There are two different types of mounting methods, hub centric and lug centric. Lug centric centers the wheels on the axle using the lug stems and then a normal nut, and hub centric has larger holes that the lug stems go through, then the lug nuts are tapered to fit inside the larger hole (there's also a hole through the rim that gets centered on the hub of the axle in some cases). When you put your aftermarket rim on your rig, does the rim wobble back and forth a little? If it does, the lug nuts you need have to have a taper on the wheel side of them. If they don't, the wheel will actually shift back and forth (wobbling effect) as your speed increases. You might just need some different lug nuts. There's a thread in the Superduty section about wheel wobble (it's on the first page) that probably explains this better than I did. Hope this helps, good luck.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 AM
without a roar force balancer you cannot blame the tires. its more likely you need hub centric rings so the wheels fit the truck properly which is what most ppl find with these trucks. ive had 3 sets of tires now on my aftermarket rims and they all shake just as bad. im getting rings soon.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by jdpollen
I've got one suggestion, maybe the tires aren't bad at all. You mentioned that you have them mounted on aftermarket rims, did they use the factory lug nuts or did they use aftermarket? (I looked in your gallery, looks like aftermarket). There are two different types of mounting methods, hub centric and lug centric. Lug centric centers the wheels on the axle using the lug stems and then a normal nut, and hub centric has larger holes that the lug stems go through, then the lug nuts are tapered to fit inside the larger hole (there's also a hole through the rim that gets centered on the hub of the axle in some cases). When you put your aftermarket rim on your rig, does the rim wobble back and forth a little? If it does, the lug nuts you need have to have a taper on the wheel side of them. If they don't, the wheel will actually shift back and forth (wobbling effect) as your speed increases. You might just need some different lug nuts. There's a thread in the Superduty section about wheel wobble (it's on the first page) that probably explains this better than I did. Hope this helps, good luck.
Thats a pretty good catch. I never even thought of that. But, the lug nuts are for that particular rim. They do have the tapered end for that wheel. Like I said, thats a good point your making. Alot of people may not know that....I sure didn't. Thanks for pointing that out!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I actually also had a problem getting a set of Nitto TGs 33x13R18 to balance correctly. It took a while to get them tolerable, but they were never perfect. I also bought them from Discount Tire. However, Discount Tire has been great for everything else I've bought from them. A lot better than any other place I've ever used. I didn't read through the whole thread, just scanned it, did you get it fixed?
Actually I'm shipping the tires back today. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get my new set back.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
without a roar force balancer you cannot blame the tires. its more likely you need hub centric rings so the wheels fit the truck properly which is what most ppl find with these trucks. ive had 3 sets of tires now on my aftermarket rims and they all shake just as bad. im getting rings soon.
Sorry, still trying to learn this wheel terminology. What are these hub centric rings you are talking about?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
aftermarket rims do not fit the the hub in the center as the factory nes do and they rely on the taper of the lug nuts to center the wheel which not near as acurate. hub centric rings fit the opening of the center of the wheel making it the right size to fit the hub and center it properly.

this is what you need http://www.justforwheels.com/index.j...=30&Submit.y=9

Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I get the point but they only list them up to an 05. How do you find out what size hubs we have?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
ok, I see what your sayin now. Well, i already sent the tires back. I guess i'll be getting these rings too, just to be sure.

Quick Reply: My new tires are bad!!!!