Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
at every oil change (6000 miles).
x2

Old 05-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No negatives in rotating too often I can think of other than it being a PIA.

On mud tires and aggressive patterned all terrain tires I would try to rotate every 5-6000 miles especially if you do a lot of in-town driving.

With tires that wear forever like Michelin LtX M/S on 2wd trucks and driven a lot on the highways you can get away with rotating half that often with no ill affects.

On my last truck I had a set of Michelin A/T's and rotated about every 20,000 miles and they wore pretty evenly all the way through 60,000 miles. I got rid of that truck and the guy that bought it thought they were fairly new tires. I never told him any differently. They still had around 8/32" of tread left.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
unless somebody can give me some solid, understandable reasons why I should do this, my method has worked for me, with all kinds of tires, on all kinds of vehicles, for years.

Hmmmm....
Fish
If you ever go too long on an agressive (mud) tire and get it out of whack for what ever reason...un-aligned front end cupping or especially feathering...and don't rotate them early enough to recover the condition of the tire, it'll beat your truck to death and you'll never be able to get that tire back in decent shape to a point where it rides good.

I had a set of Mud T/A's that got feathered and it didn't matter which way I turned them or which corner of the truck I stuck them on, they were horrible and I absolutely could not get them to wear properly again. They about beat the **** out of my truck before I could get rid of them. I guestimated I had 20,000+ miles left in them (tread wise), but I just couldn't take it any more.

Quick Reply: ROTATING TIRES? how often? they are toyo m/t's