thornbirds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thornbirds?

anyone have em??

Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen anyone on here with those, I heard they suck though..

Old 10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those things ain't worth a flip.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
A buddy at my school put them on his chevy truck. He put them on march and they're smooth as can be already, and he doesnt even drive his truck that much. So I would say for off-road use only

-Jake

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
The turdbirds are one of the worst tires ever made. They don't perform well off road or on the road. They also flatspot overnight, wear in funny and unusual patterns, are extremely loud and wear out quickly.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Avoid Thornbirds like Janet Reno comin at ya in a teddie carrying a box of condoms...

Old 11-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm running 38.5 thornbirds on my 99 F150.They peform wonderful offroad and onroad.They seem to do really good in the mud but they dig a little to much in the sand.They have a nice howl to them when going down the road and it gets everyone looking before I even get up to them.They seem to be wearing a little quick though.I've had them on for a year last June and they probably only have 65% tread left.They suck in the snow and ice and ride rougher when the Temperature drops since they are bias ply but they don't flat spot at all over night or after a couple weeks like the crappy TSL's do.Night and day difference betwwen the 2 but they are still a bias ply tire so they ride rougher then a radial but they are the best riding and performing bias ply tire I've had and I've had just about all of them.

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2007, 11:20 PM
You may be the first person I've ever heard make positive comments about the Thornbirds. I'm glad you like them, but every other person that I've ever talked to that owned them hated them.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 PM
They look mean as hell but dont work good. If your going for looks and function get the Mud Grapplers.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 AM
DRJ
I've heard people say that the lugs fly off as they're driving down the road!!

Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by chapdog
I'm running 38.5 thornbirds on my 99 F150.They peform wonderful offroad and onroad.They seem to do really good in the mud but they dig a little to much in the sand.They have a nice howl to them when going down the road and it gets everyone looking before I even get up to them.They seem to be wearing a little quick though.I've had them on for a year last June and they probably only have 65% tread left.They suck in the snow and ice and ride rougher when the Temperature drops since they are bias ply but they don't flat spot at all over night or after a couple weeks like the crappy TSL's do.Night and day difference betwwen the 2 but they are still a bias ply tire so they ride rougher then a radial but they are the best riding and performing bias ply tire I've had and I've had just about all of them.
Are you confused on what good performance is? Being able to drive on road or being able to make it to the mud pit isnt good performance. Those tires suck.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
Are you confused on what good performance is? Being able to drive on road or being able to make it to the mud pit isnt good performance. Those tires suck.
UUmmm no I'm not confused,maybe you are but I'm not.They got me a first place trophy in the mud drags put on by mom's motor sports against 10 other trucks ranging from boggers to mud terrains and I wooped them all.At an actual mud bog ,not drag,put on by motive gears,I was 1 of 4 out of 14 trucks that actually made it through the mud pit in the 37-39in tire class.The mud bog classing went by tire size ,not motor and I was the only stock motor run truck out there so I would say I did pretty good.If I didn't have stock gears with 38's I could have grabbed drive and not had to bounce of the rev limiter in second the whole time but I did make it.At the local hillbilly mud bogs,I go where everyone else does and some places others can't so I definently would say I know what performance is.As stated before I've run most all bias ply mud tires and these are my favorite.And they also do have good street manners for a bias ply tire,there just heavy as hell but stock gears don't help.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by DRJ
I've heard people say that the lugs fly off as they're driving down the road!!
I've heard the same thing but never had it happen.I'm sure it could though but on the short 130 mile highway trips I've made to the dunes,It hasn't happened yet.I've got a tire warrenty I bought with them and they said if it ever did happen,they would replace it so I never worried about it.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I have never heard anybody else besides you say that the turdbirds did anything good. IMO they are the worst tire ever made. Just stay away from them.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
damn dude if he likes em let him like em its obvious you dont cuz your stuck on toyos but w/e
just drop it

Quick Reply: thornbirds?