Suggestions on Make and Models to Replace Tires on 95 150

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
csonka
Suggestions on Make and Models to Replace Tires on 95 150

My usages will be mainly road. However, I want something that will be able to tread through mud when tailgating at the muddy fields when it rains or when going out to the strippens for an excursion. Also, when it snows a foot, I want to have confidence even while in 2WD and that have to get out and turn the hubs on to pull myself around town. I don't care too much about road noise. I want a smooth and dependable ride. I don’t want anything flashy and fancy (huge tread and bulk). Of course, I want a good price and something that looks good!

I have considered, in order of personal preference, BFG, Goodyear and Michelin. My father has a 1997 Toyota Tacoma and those BFG A/Ts are just right for that truck. I've gone places in that thing that I could not imagine with my current tires. Also, I have a feeling the BFG A/Ts might not be so great for mine as I have a heavier vehicle and stock rims, which I believe are 15 inch.

Currently I have General Grabbers. I plan on keeping the suspension factory and the rims the same. So I am not going to go for big mud tires or anything like that. Pics are provided in my gallery by the way. You might get a better look at the truck to see what fits best.

What do you recommend? Think I will feel a difference with a good brand versus my current Generals? Let me hear of your upgrades and opinions!

Thanks,
-Patrick
www.pdub.info

Last edited by csonka; 09-26-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:10 PM
csonka
Bump

Old 09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personaly I like the maxis mudder for hunting season here in the south. Not much snow to deal with but they get me through anything that don't bottom out the truck.Road noise is not a problem and ride differance is barely noticable. I run them from nov till around april and expect to get three seasons at least. I run the bfg at the rest of the time and love em.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I second the Maxxis Buckshot Mudders. They are fairly cheap compared to the other mud tires. They also last. A friend of mine has them on his truck for at least 30k miles, they'll probably go for another 10k. Never been rotated or balanced. I'll be buying some soon.

http://www.maxxis.com/products/autom...ail.asp?id=191.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most mud tires suck in the snow because of the big blocks of tread and few sipes. There is a reason why all terain tires are caleld all terrain. They are a godo comprimise for highways, city streets, gravel, and when the road ends.

The BFG AT KO is a good tire. For larger & heavier vehicles, they make larger and stronger sizes. I have them in 285/70R17 (~33") on my 5400 pound F-150 and perform well. I believe the bRidgetone Dueler AT Revos were better that I had on my last F-150, there are several good tires that will do everything you want well.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad has some BFG All-Terrain tires on his f-250 Stroker 4x4. I have BFG Radial T/A but they are more of a street tire. A buddy of mine has BFG Mud-Terrain on his 94 1500 4x4 and they are bad looking on that truck. As you can tell I am a BFG guy but I'm sure someone else can tell you what you really need. But if I was you I wouldn't be taking that nice truck mudding. Yours is about like mine except different color, and mine has a Mark III luxury package. Oh and yours is 4x4 with a 302 and mine is 2wd with a 351

Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 PM
csonka
Thanks all. I really appreciate the responses. I think I am going to go with the Bridgestone Deully A/T Revos. Locally installed, it will come out to around 800-1000 dollars. I found them online at TireRack.com for 400 with mail-in rebate. Anyone else use TireRack.com? I found the prices and literature there just simply awesome.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tirerack is great. Just remember that you'll have to pay shipping plus about $15 per tire to mount & balance. $800 for yyour size is bad, though. I'd call some other tire dealers.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 AM
csonka
Originally Posted by APT
Tirerack is great. Just remember that you'll have to pay shipping plus about $15 per tire to mount & balance. $800 for yyour size is bad, though. I'd call some other tire dealers.
Good news. The bridgestone store here will price match and discount below the TireRack.com price. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Make and Models to Replace Tires on 95 150