black wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black

They are all the rage now you may as well put them on too! It's just peronal taste. Although I will agree most of the pics posted here look great, especially the 4X4's, the chrome bling bling doesn't go well with mud. You gotta do whats right for your taste.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Black wheels

I went by a tire shop and was talking to the manager about my OE 05 Stx wheels and that I was getting them powder coated, so I asked about the wheel weights - can they be painted or do they have any painted, etc.. He said that I could achieve a "clean" look by having them on the back and taped to the inside of the wheel. I understand that the taped weights have the possibility of coming off. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Weights

I have had taped weights come of, once. But it was an admitidly rare occurance. I believe it was due to not being put on correctly to begin with, not a problem with the stickum.(Is that a word?)
I have mine balance with taped and clamp on wieghts, they run nice and true. Depending on your wheel of course you will see more or less of the stick on/taped kind.

Good luck choosing.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by kaptain
i think those American Racing ones TX has look the best, but damn! how much did that bumer cost and where can i get one? do they make it for a 2000?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't seen this thread in a while. Before we hijack it here is the link.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=reunel

Old 12-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by OopsiDrptMyF150
I have had taped weights come of, once. But it was an admitidly rare occurance. I believe it was due to not being put on correctly to begin with, not a problem with the stickum.(Is that a word?)
I have mine balance with taped and clamp on wieghts, they run nice and true. Depending on your wheel of course you will see more or less of the stick on/taped kind.

Good luck choosing.
Thanks for the reply. My truck is a 2wd w/ no offroad possibilities and the wheels will go from powder coat straight to the tire shop for the 295 nitto's. I have read a few other posts on this forum about taped weights, so I will have no problem w/ this national chain tire shop doing the work.

Last edited by Budha05STX; 12-24-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:45 PM
THese are the wheels I have been looking for. Is there a good place to order and what is a fair price to expect to pay?

Thanks,
Douglas

Quick Reply: black wheels??