no wheel weights used??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no wheel weights used??

Anyone ever heard of balancing tires without weights? I had some BFG ATs mounted on my 95 F150 4x4 30,000 miles ago and they said they used a “liquid” that goes inside to balance the tires. They have been fine for all this time. I blew one out running over road debris and now need to replace it. I called the original tire store and they were bought out by another tire store and they no longer use this technique. He said that not many tire houses use this method.
Just thought I’d ask to see if anyone has heard of this.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by sleeve
Anyone ever heard of balancing tires without weights? I had some BFG ATs mounted on my 95 F150 4x4 30,000 miles ago and they said they used a “liquid” that goes inside to balance the tires. They have been fine for all this time. I blew one out running over road debris and now need to replace it. I called the original tire store and they were bought out by another tire store and they no longer use this technique. He said that not many tire houses use this method.
Just thought I’d ask to see if anyone has heard of this.
I have not heard of such a thing. Are you sure they arent just stick on weights on the inside of your wheel? Maybe they forgot to balance them and he was just saying that

Old 11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I thought the same thing when I originally bought them and I checkd. No weights. When I bought the new tire last week I tested him by asking for the "no weight" method and he said that he would order the material and that he had another job to do this way for a guys with 10 trailer tires to do.
Since I needed the tire, I had them mount it the conventional way, but he said he'd call me when the material came in and he'd change it.
When this happens, I'm gonna watch!

Old 11-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never heard of a liquid system. There is a product called Equal that is a granualar substance used to balance tires.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Wandell -
It may b ethe same thing. I was under the impression it was a liquid. I'm definitely interested to see how they do it.
Have you seen this done before?
Does it hold up?

Old 11-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Ive heard of this but was told it wasnt good at higher speeds. Some one on another forum was talking about it.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanx guys.
It may only be a truck application for slower speeds as 05 indicated.
I've only had the truck up to 85 (top speed) with the BFGs and things handled fine.
I'll try to catch how they do it and post a reply if anyone is interested.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard it works good, if you use nitrogen to inflate the tires. They say that if you use air, the moisture will cause it to clump up.

Quick Reply: no wheel weights used??