Firestone Destination MT (or AT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Destination MT (or AT)

Does anybody have these tires, mainly the MTs? They look pretty aggressive and tirerack has them pretty cheap...Im considering these when my BFGs wear out (although thats still a ways away).

All the reviews on tirerack are positive, but Id like to see if anybody here has em...

Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 AM
I put the Destination M/T's on my 97 F150. I went with 285/75/R16's. A buddy of mine has 32x12.50x15's in BFG all-terrains on his Blazer and everyone around here says my mudders throw twice as much mud. But then again his are only all terrains, so it's hard to compare. Just giving you some ideas in case you have the all terrains, you didn't say. While playing in the mud, another friend has BFG all terrains on his Z71, where he got stuck at, I went through in 4 hi and overdrive. lol Didn't even take a low gear or 4 low with my mudders. Maybe that'll help give you a little idea on how well they work. If you want some pictures of what my truck looks like after playing in the mud with the Destinations, let me know.

Hope that helps,
BT

Old 10-20-2005, 12:39 AM
OH.. almost forgot. One other friend has a Jeep Cherokee with the Destination all terrains on it. His work pretty good in sand and gravel and what not, but if you do a lot of mudding and really want to throw some mud, go with the M/T's. He throws quite a bit, but my M/T's put his to shame. LOL. The all terrains are better if you don't do a lot of mudding, but if you are like me and don't drive just a whole lot and it doesn't exactly matter about gas mileage and all, get the mudders, you'll be happier.

BT

Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the input...so far so good

BTW, I have BFG AT/KOs right now (see sig in earlier post). I would probably move up to 285/75R16s whenever I get my next set of tires.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look in my gallery, the brown blazer has those tires on them, they are M/T's. They cake up really easy but they look very aggressive. I don't recall them being very loud, but he also took the roof off of his blazer. Below, he is stuck in 2wd. He had 4wd but didn't know what he was doing and it didn't engage right. He was using 31" M/T's.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
firestone Destination A/T

I have the Destination A/T in 265/75/16 and they are one year old. I really like this tire. I do mostly on road driving but I do get off road a little and they do a fine job. I did not have any problems in the snow and did not need to lock in the 4x4 very much. The only time I had any trouble was getting used the horsepower of the 5.4L. My previous ride was a 1986 Bronco II with the 2.9L V6. I did notice that I was wearing the inside edge a little but an alignment solved that problem. The tread life is very good as they still look new. At the last rotation I had 11/16 inch of tread. I have recommended these tires to most anyone who asks.

Good luck with your decision

Reloader55

Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Glad you mentioned caking up. I noticed mine will cake up pretty good, but as soon as I hit the pavement again it tosses the mud out from the treads and pretty much cleans themselves. Good luck deciding.

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Take a quick look at the kuhmo venture mt's i put them on and man i am almost unstoppable with them, they clean themselves well in the mud with just a quick spin of the tires and they are fairly quiet on the highway. they priced out at 120 each at sears. great tire.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Hmm, some more good info.

Keep it coming

Quick Reply: Firestone Destination MT (or AT)