Brake Noise normal????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Noise normal????

ON my '05 SCREW 4x4 the front brakes have began making a screeching (almost metal-to-metal noise)?? I only have 1600 miles on the truck and it is way louder than I think it should be......is there any history of this with these trucks? I'd like to know more before I take it to the dealer. I wash the truck once a week including the wheels/tires - so there shouldn't be a lot of accumulated brake dust, etc.

Strange to have so much noise so soon

Old 06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
I have 17,600 miles on my 2004 FX4 Super Crew and have had two new sets of rotors and three new sets of pads...and the noise is still there. Exactly the same kind of noise that you describe.

I think that there is a real problem with brake noise and brake dust...especially with some trucks. I don't think that Ford knows how to fix it or maybe it would be too expensive for Ford to fix it.

I have absolutely had it with these brakes and don't know what to do. I paid $35,000 for this truck and it should not make this much noise.

I think that the only possible solution is to get aftermarket rotors and pads (expensive ones) but I don't know enough to know which ones to get. Besides, you're not supposed to have to replace these parts with so few miles on the truck.

I don't know what to tell you except that you are not alone...maybe buy a Chevy next time?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
mathman - thanks for the reply.....I agree it should not be normal for brakes to be making this kind of noise....I'm going to "let mine ride" for a few more miles and see if it gets better or worse....funny thing - about 40% of the '05 GT's are having the same problem....(based on a poll on the Mustang site)....wonder if changing pads would be the answer?? Hate to have to do that with so few miles on the truck - but I can't stand that screeching noise and don't hold much hope that my dealer is going to be much help either...

Old 08-18-2005, 07:39 PM
I've got an 2004 F150 XLT SuperCrew with 25,000 miles and it has had brake squeel from day one! It's been back to the dealer quite a few times and they keep telling me that the pads are fine and that the rotors get a "glazing" on them from the pads and it's normal. My reply was that I don't hear Chevy's or Dodge's squeeling to a stop at a light or stop sign!!! It's really pissed me off paying $34,000 for a new truck and having the brakes make this noise. IT'S EMBARISSING!!!!! I've also had a vibration that they said was due to the rotor's warping at around 15,000 miles. But, my wife is the primary driver everyday to work on a flat highway with no heavy breaking and NONE of our vehicles have ever had brake or rotor problems. I've never even had to turn down a rotor on any car I've owned. If anybody hears of an answer to the brake noise, please let me know! I'll try anything as long as it fixes the problem.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Brakes Making Noise

20 Aug 05

Hi all, this is Terry and I have had the same occurances on my 04 F150 SC Lariat. I have had the quick fix, new rotors and old brakes and just as of the other day, they replaced the front pads, turned the rotor (every so slightly) and it seems fine.

I had my work done at Fiesta Lincoln Mercury in Mesa, AZ.

Hope this helps.

Terry

Old 08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
brakes

I have a F150 2000 4X4. I have a squeeky, sucking noise when I apply the brake padel. I just wanted to know if anyone would give me an advice what could be the problem and also the check engine light came on and off. I went to the Ford Dealership for the recall and I ask if they could take a look at it but they would charge me $99 just to check it. I thought that was a lot of money. Any suggestions??

Jose

Old 08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Check the 04-05 forum, there have been several guys who have switched to ceramic pads. I too am going to be one of the people who go that route. It is a problem with the mustangs too as we have one and the brakes squeel it sucks rolling up in a hot car and everyone is looking and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel... to a stop. took it into Ford.. "there is dust in the pads" I said "B.S. - for this much money it shouldn't squeel" and I just got a dumb look back. "DUST IN THE PADS"

doesn't it just **** you off?

Old 08-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
ON my '05 SCREW 4x4 the front brakes have began making a screeching (almost metal-to-metal noise)?? I only have 1600 miles on the truck and it is way louder than I think it should be......is there any history of this with these trucks? I'd like to know more before I take it to the dealer. I wash the truck once a week including the wheels/tires - so there shouldn't be a lot of accumulated brake dust, etc.

Strange to have so much noise so soon
Could be just the wear sensor making contact with the rotor.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:57 AM
I like mine to squeel, lets me know there still there.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Brake Squeal

Same problem with my o4, with less than 15,000 miles, and NO the Brakes are not worn out, the dealer also looked at it. I only get the squeal when you are going slow, so when everyone is looking over as you roll to a stop. Really embarising when you pay 35,000 for a vehicle to have it squeal.

How are the ceramic pads working for other drivers?

Quick Reply: Brake Noise normal????