Autospring 2 inch Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring 2 inch Lift

I'm thinking about installing the 2" Autospring leveling kit and would like to know how easy it is to install before I order it. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has pictures of the install and a quick description of what all is involved in installing the kit.
Thanks.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:44 PM
If you do a search in the 2004 forum you will see numerous threads about this. I put the Daystar in myself and it wasn't too bad. From what I understand the Autospring just mounts on the top of the coilover, so the install shouldn't be too bad

Old 12-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I will be installing my 2" Autospring lift tomorrow hopefully and adding my 18" FX4 rims as well. I will take detailed pics on the install and post it.

Bryan

Old 12-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Installed 2" autospring today! Relatively easy to install(provide you have the correct size sockets!) Took me about 2 hrs. At least 1/2 hr digging for tools. I would recommend it , probably one of the easiest to install (no spring compressor needed(like daystar). Only large size sockets needed (for large bottom strut blt/nut)is 27mm and 30 mm(deedwell). I did not align yet, but height at this time is PERFECT!! Note: ride/handling is unaffected.I also installed 18" FX4 take offs and love them.Will post pics tommorow or monday.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:06 PM
I installed my AutoSpring leveling kit this weekend. Took a little longer than expected though. Because my truck is about 14 months old, had a lot of problems getting the passenger side upper ball joint out. Ended up having to take off the lower A arm to get the c/o out. Still need to take it in for an alighnment, but it doesn't seem to be out by much (and from what I've read here, the mis-allignment isn't much). Definitely sits a lot higher and more level than before.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Got my truck alligned yesterday. Ended up that the front end was way out of allignment. The service was great, it only took them about 30-45 minutes to complete the work and only cost me $41. Next on my list of thing to change are the wheels and tires, but am going to wait until after the new year and I get my tax refund to do that.
Definitely like the ride and the stance of my truck with the leveling kit. I think it looks a lot more agressive and more like a 4 wheel drive than before.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
lift

i agree i did the 2.5 lift and the truck looks great where did you get the alignment done local shop or dealership i still have to get mine done then the new tires

Old 12-22-2004, 02:13 PM
I got my allignment done at a local shop. I don't like the Ford dealer here in town and the dealer I got my truck from is about 20 miles away. I'll probably be going back to the local shop when I decide to get new wheels and tires some time next year.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:26 PM
thanks for the info i got mine aligned today at a local shop took 1 hour and cost 49.99 had the revos put on last night they said it was best to align it with the new tires on truck looks great with the level stance and some real tires

Quick Reply: Autospring 2 inch Lift