firestone destinations

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking firestone destinations

JUST ORDERED SOME DESTINATIONS TODAY THEY WILL BE IN ON WED. HAS ANYONE RAN THEM YET?. AND HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM?
THANKS DENMAN
OH YEA JUST PAID MY TRUCK OFF TODAY ALSO.WOOOOOOOHOOOOO...........TITLE IN HAND

Old 11-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Which series did you get, the street tires, mud terrains or the all terrains? If it is the mud terrains, they look bad a$$ to me and I have also heard good thing about their performance in mud as well. Never had any, but I sure would love to have em.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:51 PM
OOPS SORRY ABOUT THAT I GOT THE ALL TERRAINS......THEY DONT MAKE THE MUD TERRAINS IN 17 YET..HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME

Old 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh, well I never ran a destination before, but all I have ever ran for ther most part is firestone/bridgestone tires and don't really have any complaints. I have bridgestone dueler at revos right now and I love em. And you can get those in 17's.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Destination L E

I have the Firestone Destination L E tires and have been running them for about 1000 miles. They are good tires and have very good traction rain or shine. The tread design is great. They have a 60,000 mile warranty so should last awhile.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
The Jeep I drive at work has Firestone Destination LEs on it, and I havent gotten stuck yet (Knock on wood) and they havent lost traction on any wet or dry road surface either.

We drive around in cotton fields and check bug traps, and its been raining for like 2 solid weeks, so theres plenty of mud to get stuck in.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Thumbs up Destination LE

Had my first panic stop today on a rain slick street and didnt slid an inch. I thought for sure I was gonna be all in the back of the poor little Toyota Echo in front of me but the tires stopped on a dime. I am impressed even though I have yet to spin them. They are great tires for the money without a doubt.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Talking

WELL I GOT MY ALL TERRAINS PUT ON FINALLY.............WOW KICK ***...........LIKE THEM MUCH BETTER THAN THE DUELLERS..........EXCELLENT TRACTION OFF-ROAD........AND QUIET ON THE HIGHWAY............HAVE YET TO DRIVE THEM IN THE RAIN........HOPEFULLY ILL HAVE THEM IN A MUD PIT SOON.........WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO.
DENHAM

Old 11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
I just put 400 miles on my new Dastination AT's LT265-75-16 and I love them.I had P255-70-16 Goodyear ATS on the truck when I bought it in September. What a difference. I was looking into BFG AT KO and Revo but with my type of driving they would be overkill. We do get snow and cold winters but 95 % of my driving is on road. The rest is back roads when Hunting or Fishing. The LT Destinations give a much firmer and smoother ride. I can't wait to get some snow to play in.

I am going to use the Goodyears as planters as thats the only thingI think they are good for.

The best Part about these tires is they were $200.00 less then the BFG or Revo per set of four.

Good luck with yours
Reloader55

Old 11-21-2004, 12:49 AM
I'd like to see the LE in 17" sizes. I have an '02 Lariat 2wd and I HATE the Goodyear Eagle II's on it, but my choices with 17" rims are limited. The dealer balanced them twice in the last 2 months but they still wobble and rattle after a week. My 3K mile warranty (on the used truck) is used up so I'm on my own and will probably run these tires until I can find a decent alternative in 17" that I can afford. Michelin Cross Terrains are over a buck and a half each without mounting, balancing or shipping.

I have Destination LE's on my Ranger, nice highway tires with quiet ride and good traction. Exactly how I like it.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Talking

whooooooooaa..............excellent tires so far have not had them in the mud yet.........boo hoo...........maybe this week when i get off........in between pheasant hunting.......thanks for all the notes on the destination a/t's............very good tires..........although thats all i run for the most part. i worked there for 7 years building tires.............pretty cool job............

denham

Old 11-24-2004, 10:45 AM
denhamjr:

How much tread is there left on your keyboards "Period" Key

Just to keep the Post OT. I have Dueler Revo's on mine since August.

Dpostman

Last edited by dpostman; 11-25-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the Bridgstone and Firestone tires use the same technology. I have read the specs for each and they both use the same rubber coumpound. With this said, both brands should give you similar results regarding tread life and wet traction. It is the tread design that gives more traction in mud or snow.

That is why I choose the Destination AT. I drive less than 6,000 miles a year mostly on road. I do need some mud and snow use but with the savings of over $200.00 per set of four tires vs the BFG AT KO or the REVO I can use that savings in other upgrades.

I will test the mud traction this upcoming week during Deer seasonsince it has been raining for three days and rain is forcasted until next Wednesday.I am confident that I will not be dissapointed with my choice of tire.

Reloader55

Old 11-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Talking

DEPOSTMAN....................

I HAVE A 50,000 PERIOD WARRANTY ON THE KEYBOARD...........LOL
YEA IT'S A BAD HABIT OF MINE. I'M NOT MUCH ON CORRECT PUNCTUATION WHEN IT COMES TO TYPING.

RE-LOADER. I GOT OUT YESTEDAY IN THE BLIZZARD WE HAD AND THESE TIRES HOOKED UP REALLY GOOD.
DENHAM

Old 11-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Talking

RELOADER,
YES THE BRIDGESTONE AND THE FIREATONES USE THE SAME TECHNOLOGY. IT'S CALLED UNI-T TECHNOLOGY. AND YOU ARE CORRECT IN IT IS THE MAKE UP OF THE COMPOUND THAT THEY USE. THEY ALSO HAVE WHAT THEY CALL AN O-BEAD. AND WHAT THEY DO IS WHEN THE RUN A BEAD FOR A TIRE. THEY COAT IT WITH A CERTAIN RUBBER COMPOUND AND THEN SPIN THE WIRE ON A METAL WHEEL WITH A CERTAIN PATTERN. AND OF COURSEW THE ROUNDER YOU CAN GET THE BEAD OVERALL THE BETTER TIRE BALANCE YOU HAVE. I USE TO RUN BEADS FOR SOME EXTREMELY LARGE TIRES AND IT CAN REALLY EFFECT THE OVERALL TIRE QUALITY AS CAN ANYTHING YOU DO TO A TIRE. LIKE I SAID I HAVE A BIAS OPINION ON TIRES HAVING WORKED AT B/F.
DENHAM

Quick Reply: firestone destinations