Revos, BF, Dunlop, Highway, AT, MT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revos, BF, Dunlop, Highway, AT, MT?

I had this in another post...figured I'd start it as it's own thread...

I am searching for a new set of 265/70/17's for my 02 F150 FX4. I had Geolander's on an Isuzu Rodeo...awesome in the rain and snow, terrible tread life. I've had Goodyears on both F150s I've had...would never buy them as replacements. I replaced my old ones on my last 150 with Pirelli's. They don't have the same ones in the size tire I have now and I didn't have the truck too long after I put them on, so I don't know how the treadlife was.

I am considering the Revos, price isn't much of an option. Dad's paying or splitting the cost as a "thank you" for installing his kitchen cabinets.

I've seen alot of good feedback on the Revos, but also some bad in a few places. Some bad reports on tread life and some bad reports on ease of proper balancing. I want a good rain and snow tire but also a good tread life. Not really concearned with noise or stiffness. Also, I do alot of highway travel.

Has anyone had their Revos for alot of miles? Most of the comments are from people that have had them for 10K miles or less.

What other tires would anyone recommend?

Order of importance:

Rain/Snow
Treadwear
Dry Pavement
Price
Mileage
Comfort/Noise

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2004, 11:30 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I responed in that other thread, but a summary.

The Revos I had probalby have 20-25k miles on them, but they are on my father in law's truck. The next time I visit, I'll cheak out the tires and the tread depth. Last I remember, the front tires looked like the edges were rounding over, but he tows an enclosed cargo trailer 5 days a week. When I sold the truck to him with about 10k on the Revos, they looked to wear evenly, with just a noticeable amount of wear. No measurements and looks are deceiving.

Old 06-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks APT.

Old 06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
APT
A couple less popular options are the Toyo Open Country AT and the Cooper Discover AT. None of the big online companies carry them so it is hard to get the wealth of review information.

Old 06-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I found online companies that sell both of those. Send me an email. jldamico@yahoo.com

Old 06-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Narrowing down the selection

I found a site with a great slection, prices, and shipping costs. I am trying to decide between the following:

All prices INCLUDE the shipping charge.

BFG All Terrain T/A KO for $677
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo for $537
Cooper Discoverer A/T Standard Load for $400
Cooper Discoverer A/T 6 ply for $560
Toyo M410 Open Country for $505
Nitto Terra Grapplers for $448

The BFG's are a little steep and I haven't read anything that makes me believe they are worth the price.

Opinions?

Last edited by jjboods; 06-18-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
APT
I'm not in the market for tires right now. Only 20k miles on my current truck with the BFG AT's. Another 2 years.
Of those listed, I'd take a chance with the $400 Copper, or call around locally for those. For $400, they'll last at least $40k miles, maybe quite a bit more, look good, and have decent feedback.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:07 AM
bump

Quick Reply: Revos, BF, Dunlop, Highway, AT, MT?