F150 ABS Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy F150 ABS Failure

Since I bought my 2003 F150XLT (23,000 miles) 8 months ago, I have occasionally (~3-4 times) felt a slamming from behind when braking at slow speed, mostly after driving for few minutes, when I apply the brakes. The vehicle brakes slower than usual and then if feels like something a hard shock and the truck stopped. It seemed to go away so I figured it might have just been a glitch that worked itself out.

Last night while going home, a guy in a truck ahead of me stopped hard and when I slammed on the brakes, the truck skidded and didn't seem to be stopping like I would have expected, and I hit the truck in front of me, doing little damage to him, but major front end damage to me.

I was going between 30-35, and might have had 30-50 feet to brake. The guy in front of me was watching a motorcycle in the middle lane that was signalling a turn left with his blinker, but was signalling with his right arm a turn right and he didn't notice traffic was stopping hard ahead of him. His Tundra did much better than my F150 braking!

Because I skidded and did not slow appreciably (hit him at 10-20 mph) are my brakes possibly a cause of my fender-bender? Should I even ask about them?

Old 09-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2003 f150 BRAKES ALWAYS FELT "SPONGY", BUT I presumed that is the way they were. See my post for a follow up on this vehicle on this site at :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...light=ABS+2003

Quick Reply: F150 ABS Failure