Ford brakes - oem and Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford brakes - oem and Brembo

I have 70k miles on my '99 and need to replace pads & rotors on front. Had no shake at all, best brakes I've had on a vehicle. Only thing I've ever noticed was the rotors looked scored or grooved up in no time, and I'm easy on brakes. They look terrible, but worked great. I'm used to rotors that are smooth and kind of shiny, these always looked pitted and grooved. Does anyone know why, maybe soft iron? Are the Brembos made of better iron? Will the brembos feel the same as stock (i've got new Ford pads, the $120 ones). Just trying to decide what the best rotor deal would be. I like to keep it stock, and keep the same feel to the brakes, but if the Brembo rotors are better, maybe go that route (they are a lot cheaper). Thanks for your help.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:02 AM
the ford motorcraft line of brake parts is a cheaper alternitave to oem ford stuff and seem to hold up fine and stop like oem. they even have a heavy duty grade pad for trucks.

70k is alot of miles to be exposed to the elements i'd say after that long it would be normal for pitting and grooving.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:17 AM
you can get motorcraft rotors on rockauto.com for less than the brembos at tire rack.

http://www.rockauto.com/

Quick Reply: Ford brakes - oem and Brembo