Anyone tried Goodyear Wrangler M/T's???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-1999, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone tried Goodyear Wrangler M/T's???

Just wondering if anyone has tried the wrangler M/T's? They are an agressive tire like the BFG M/T but a little cheaper. I'm leaning towards the wrangler. Any ideas?

Old 10-03-1999, 11:49 PM
Hi Z...yes indeed I have tried them. I have always had BFG's on all my trucks. This year I bought a 99 F150 4x4 extracab, longbed and the guy at my local tire store made me a deal I couldn't refuse....Goodyear M/T! They are 305/70/16's. They look awesome and perform equally. I will always be partial to BFG's but for now, the Goodyear's were a great choice. Also...they are quiter on the fwy!

Old 10-04-1999, 11:00 AM
Thumbs up

I am running them now, I've got about 5K on them and I am very pleased. I got them siped to improve wet road traction and that seems to work well. I would recommend them, just be prepared that there is more road noise than with the AT/S.

------------------
99 SC 4X4 5.4 ORP 3.73LS Lariat Black over Gold on Tan.
Mods-Powerdyne Supercharged,Superchip,Dual Flowmasters,Westin Nerf Bars, 305/70/16 GY M/T's, Extang Black Max Tonneau

Old 10-31-1999, 10:11 PM
>>>>I had the Goodyear Wrangler MTs on my 91 F150 4x4 and I really loved em for their bite and traction in the mud and slop, they really cleared the lugs out wonderfully. The only two drawbacks on the tire was that it had poor traction on snow and ice, especially when backing and that the tire compound is extremely soft and the tires wore out rather quickly. The MTs are a directional tread design and that may have had something to do with the poor traction while backing up on the snowy icey roads, of course most lug/mudders do poorly on that type of surface anyway.

------------------
99 F150 XLT SC 4x4 4.6 liter Deep Wedgewood Blue

Westin Nerf Bars

Lund Bug Deflector

Kenwood 10 disc CD changer

Bodyguard Bed Liner

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Goodyear Wrangler M/T's???