BFG Baja question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BFG Baja question

I have a buddy who races can hook me up with a set of 35X12.5 Baja ta. These are the BFG race class tire and i was wondering how durable they are on street. i go off roading ALOT but would be driving on the street about 60% of the time. Any help would be nice, or if anyone has these tires id like to know everything about em.Thanks

------------------
'98 Ford F-150 Standard Cab 2WD with all options
Mods-
3.5" Camburg lift,H&M Baja Spindles (3.5"), Bilsteins, Eibach springs, BFG All terrains, K&N, 3" Flowmaster, PIAAs, custom shifter, 4" LCD TV in visor.Clear corners, Stull grill, and some other fun stuff.

Old 02-19-2001, 07:33 AM
xshort,
They are probabley a softer compound so they will wear faster on the road, but you said your friend can hook you up.......HOW MUCH? They are a great looking tire...Dave

Old 02-19-2001, 10:29 AM
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com

Browse there. They have a lot of info on the build and features of the tires. They are not real good on the street, but offroad they are like the MTs with more plies

Old 02-19-2001, 01:21 PM
DAVENSA-My friend can get me a set for about $300. Thats pretty sweet considering they go for about $380 EACH!

Have you (or anyone) had any experience with these?

------------------
'98 Ford F-150 Standard Cab 2WD with all options
Mods-
3.5" Camburg lift,H&M Baja Spindles (3.5"), Bilsteins, Eibach springs, BFG All terrains, K&N, 3" Flowmaster, PIAAs, custom shifter, 4" LCD TV in visor.Clear corners, Stull grill, and some other fun stuff.

Old 02-20-2001, 10:34 PM
For that price that's another story. But those Bajas come with 14/32 of tread compare to 17/32 for most of the All Terrains so they will not last as long.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications:
Split Fire Spark Plugs
K&N FIPK
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust System
Stepshield door sill protectors
Performance Accesories 3" Body Lift
Superlift 3" lift blocks
Performance Lift Lips
Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks
Daystar Front Anti-sway Bar Polyurethane Bushings
Heckethorn Steering Stabilizer
35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's
16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

Old 02-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Well Matt if you plan on going off-road >50% of the time I'd get them!

Remember that (From the site):
"Excellent off-road soft surface traction, and great side bite and lateral traction in off-road situations, delivered by aggressive, self-cleaning tread design with special tread element edge scoops and shoulder scallops"

They must be pretty soft and wouldn't give your truck very good handeling on road. At least compared to other more "universal" tires.

But for 300 bucks for the whole set???? I would get them, then buy another set of rims with maybe some (what are they called?) "beed holders". So then you have a very good set of Off-Road tires and for the road or everyday use I would get a more road friendly tire with maybe a lesser tire size for better MPG? Just a thought! Anyway for 300 bucks what do you have to loose? If you don't like them you could sell them and I'm sure you won't loose a dime

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by eph1fifty (edited 02-20-2001).]

Old 02-22-2001, 04:28 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eph1fifty:
But for 300 bucks for the whole set???? I would get them, then buy another set of rims with maybe some (what are they called?) "beed holders". So then you have a very good set of Off-Road tires and for the road or everyday use I would get a more road friendly tire with maybe a lesser tire size for better MPG?</font>
beed holders
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying
you guys really crack me up

Quick Reply: BFG Baja question