Where's the switch? Brake light stays on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Where's the switch? Brake light stays on.

Got a problem in a '99 Expy. The brake light stays on all the time. I looked for the switch by the emergancy brake lever but couldn't find it. Can anyone give me specific directions on how to look for and check this switch? If you have a picture of the location that would be even better.

TIA

Old 04-17-2001, 09:24 PM
I think this could also indicate low brake fluid. I would also try removing the ground connector from the battery and waiting about a minute and then reconnecting it. This may reset a trouble code for the brake system. If it comes back...to the dealer for warranty work I suppose. My old Chevy S-10 would do that if I would power brake it. The only way to make it go away was to unplug the battery to reset the codes.

------------------
Steve
Mine:
1999 F-150 Sport Supercab
Bright Red 4.6L Auto
Billet Grill, Billet Ant, Clear Corners, Sony CD Player, Pioneers in all doors, Kicker 100si Amp, MTX preformed underseat box. Fiberglass Bed Cover
Hers:
2000 Expy Sport
Black, Grey Leather 5.4L
Clear Corners, Alpine CD Player, Punch 150 Amp, JL Audio preformed sub box in rear panel.

Old 04-18-2001, 10:13 PM
I had the same "problem". The ABS and the BRAKE lights come on every once and awhile but it's due to low brake fluid.

Old 04-20-2001, 12:50 AM
I found out why my brake light stay on. The problem is that when I release the emergancy brake, the peddle or whatever you call the thing push with your foot doesn't come back up all the way. So the peddle never touches the switch. Does anyone have an easy fix for this?

TIA - Dae

Old 02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I know this is an old thread but I thought this could help those in the future....There is a rubber grommet that sits on top of the parking brake frame. If it is missing the light will not go out. easy fix...if you can find a grommet.

-T

Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I'll bet they aren't releasing all the way, or at least that's what mine did. They were applied just enough to feel some resistance and after a bit of a drive, a few miles, feel the hub to see if it's warm or hot or what? E- brakes are famous for seizing.

Quick Reply: Where's the switch? Brake light stays on.