Link to a guy who really knows his stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Link to a guy who really knows his stuff

I am sure some of you have heard of Pat Goss

Here are links to his FAQ page and his Main page

These might help you answer some questions you might have about a concer/problem you might have with your engine/truck

yes he drives/owns an F-150 and if you email him he will answer you!

FAQ http://www.patgosscarworld.com/faq.htm

Main http://www.patgosscarworld.com/carworld.htm

Make sure you look through his Washington Post articles, there is a lot of stuff in there about a lot of the problems people are having on this board. (Pinging,oil analysis

Check it out-

Last edited by hcmq; 10-14-2002 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:03 PM
I have always liked listening to him on the Motorweek show. Too bad his shop is in Maryland. Luckily, there is are two terrific shops where I live, in Houston, Jones Autocar and Skeeters -- very knowledgeable and honest, multi-generation family shops, ASE certed, etc.

I found it interesting in Pat Goss' article on sensors whre he says, "The coolant sensor is often called the master sensor because the computer uses its input to regulate many other functions, including...(host of functions including open/close loop, spark advance/retardation, EGR flow, transmission torque converter clutch lockup, etc.)...a faulty [temperature] sensor can cause a variey of cold performance problems...includingpoor cold idle, stalling, cold hestitation or stumble or fuel mileage."

These are fairly common description on automotive repair threads. I wonder how many are coolant temperare sensor related?

Old 10-17-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm sure a lot!

The thing I like most about his advice is that he only gives it on real data that he sees in his extremely busy shop. If he hasn't seen/experienced it in his shop he will tell you he doesn't know.

By the way you can call him too! I have and he really does return your calls.

Just don't ever say, "I have been doing it for years" he hates that! (So do I)

Peace-

Quick Reply: Link to a guy who really knows his stuff