Trailer Pkg. Radiator (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Trailer Pkg. Radiator (Help)

I just contacted my local dealership regarding the problems with the 1.02 radiator being installed with the tow package. I advised that the radiator should be 1.42, of course they said they had no information on it. They will look into it but they don't belive there is anything they can do.....I need a suggestion or does anyone have Ford's Main # or a contact to resolve this problem?

Chris..

2001 Ford Supercab Sport

Old 04-20-2001, 01:11 PM
Angry

Ford's main number is going to be about as useful to you as a flat tire. They only serve to listen to you bitch, and take notes. They can't force the dealer to do anything, and all they claim they can do is forward your case to the regional rep. A real waste of time if you ask me.

But if you want to call them, knock yourself out! The number is: 1-800-392-3673 (FORD)

Old 04-20-2001, 04:43 PM
I agree with Y2K OffRoad. From reading other posts on this topic, Ford being involved doesn't seem to help much. I approached my dealer with sales literature, the owners manual, and print-outs from the 2000 & 2001 source books and simple stated that it appears I have the wrong radiator. I didn't mention that I knew of other people with this problem or that I found about the problem from this website. After giving the dealer the info, I let them come to the same conclusion I had reached. I feared that if the dealer though this was a bigger problem than just my truck, that they would bring Ford in and my radiator would never get changed.
Don't know if it was the right or wrong tactic, but it worked for me. My radiator was replaced this morning.

Good luck

------------------
2001 F150 XLT Supercab 4x2 4.6L Auto 3.55LS Tow Package

Old 04-20-2001, 09:36 PM
Go back to the dealer with all information sourcebook, your owners manual, and posts on this board. the sourcebook clearly states 1.42" as being sc which holds like 25.5L. Your manual with show the 25.5L as super cooling but doesn't say size. They tried to tell me 1.02is correct after they poped hood of another F150 on lot that also had 1.02" I told him that I want the 1.42 and that this truck also has wrong raditor. Then I stated with an atittud I want what I paid for. He thne contacted ford. Next day i ordered you new raditor he said.

------------------
2001 F-150 5.4L trition,
Regular cab with 8' bed
XLT with Black Clearcoat
4x4 3.55 limited slip
factory cab steps
class III tow package
Factory ordered: 12/5
recieved: 2/22

Current Mods: Ford Plastic bedliner, Bug Deflector II

Old 04-22-2001, 03:05 PM
Thumbs up

Hey guys. I another one going throgh this non sense. Here is where I am at regarding my 1.02" radiator. I e-mailed www.ford.com and went to the section of " vehicle problems" I explained that I bought the class # package because I tow heavy loads and that I had seen in the sourcebook and the sales brochures that the class 3 package clearly states that I get an upgraded radiator. I made sure that I mentioned that I was entitled to the better radiator and that I wanted want I had paid for. Within a few days, I had an e-mail from Ford with a case number. A few days later I had a call from the service manager at my local dealer wanting to set up an appointment to verify that I did have the smaller radiator. This happens tomorrow at lunchtime. The service manager seemed to be pretty knowledgable about this particular problem so lets see how it turns out???? I'll post the results a little later. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed....

------------------

Old 04-22-2001, 04:08 PM
Thumbs up

I gues I'm lucky. Friday took a copy ofthe sourc book where it shows what radiator should be on it. My saleman said when the truck comes in, if it's got the wrong radiator they ill change it before I take delivery. Now we'll wait and see what happns when it gets here.

------------------
ORDERED 4/16/01 - WOOHOO!!!
2001 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4wd. 5.4V8, 507A, 3.55LS, Captains chairs, bed extender, cab steps, power moonroof, power seat, skid plates, trlr towing, aluminum wheels, AM/FM cass with 6 cd changer. Bright red clearcoat with DARK graphite interior

IMMEDIATE MODS:
Wet Okole seat covers
Fox Weatherboots front and back
AR Baja's 16x8
Cooper A/T's 265/75/16
Tint front
Line-X
Ravin Z-55 Duals out the back
Lightening headlights, corners and tails

Old 04-23-2001, 04:06 PM
Ok, Heres another strategy, I took my truck in this weekend and the service manager wanted to compare it with a similar truck, so the salesman that I bought it from goes and gets another thruck with the tow package. (This is a pretty small dealership but they do high volume with the local farmers in the area so I think the salesman helped me out on this one.) So the salesman goes to the lot and pulls a f-150 heavy half. That one had the larger radiator and it was obvious just by looking. They said, well let us start the paper work for a misbuilt and lets get this fixed. Hopefully this will end up with me getting the correct radiator.

On a side note, I have had my friends ask me why I care so much cause they know I will probably never tow anything. Its the fact that I paid for something and Ford stole the correct radiator from me and gave me an inferrior one.

------------------
2000 f-150 red, XLT, 4x4, 5.4L, 3.55, sliding rear, 60/40, towing package??, ORP keyless entry.
Airaid FIPK, SI/DO Flowmaster 40's.

Old 04-23-2001, 07:27 PM
Thumbs up

Well I was contacted by my Ford Dealership today, and they advised me that YES I was right about the 1.42 radiator. I am going to bring it in tomorrow and they will verify that i have the 1.01 installed and the will then order the 1.42../ Well we shall see, I'll keep you posted...

2001 Supercab Sport 5.4

Old 04-24-2001, 12:38 AM
Well, everyone, please let me know how these situations play out!

-- Jim

Old 04-25-2001, 09:36 PM
Cool

So far, so good. My dealer originally ordered a 1.42" for my 2000, but when I showed up with a copy of the spec. sheet from the 2000 Sourcebook, they didn't give me any crap at all. They ordered the new 2-row 2.20" radiator the same day. BTW, I've seen some postings about a 1.42" 2- row radiator. That just isn't the case. The 1.42 is a single row. Just take a look in the sourcebook and it will tell you. Good luck to all with these radiators. My 2.20", 2-row is due to be installed this Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed until it actually happens. I'll post the results when they happen. Anybody in South Florida having the same problems e-mail me and I'll give you the name and number for the service manager that is taking care of this for me. The Ford Engineer for this case is Jeff Gibula( I didn't ever get his # ) The repairing dealer is Gus Machado Ford in Hialeah....

barryfox@hotmail.com

------------------

2000 F150 Lariat Supercab Oxford White on top and parchment below, 157"WB, 5.4, 4R70W, 3.55 LS,SRW, Class 3

Mobil 1 5w30 oil with Motorcraft FL-820s
K&N Filtercharger
Penda Bedliner
Solo Radar Detector

[This message has been edited by woodswalker1 (edited 04-25-2001).]

Old 04-26-2001, 10:41 AM
The 1.4" 1 row radiator is for 2001 while the 2.2" 2 row is for the 2000's. I have seen a couple of posts that claim the 2001 Lightning has the 2.2" 2 row but I can't verify that.

I have a 2001 and when I saw that my dealer ordered the 2.2" 2 row I simply said "thank you very much."

------------------
2001 F150 XLT Supercab 4x2 4.6L Auto 3.55LS Tow Package 2.2" 2 row radiator.

Old 04-26-2001, 02:31 PM
woodswalker1...Sounds to easy but's it worth a try.

I couldn't find the section at ford.com 'vechile problems'? Could you pass the link.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2001, 05:13 PM
I think it is under "Contact US" toward the bottom. I'm gonna try this too since I talked with multiple people and finally the service manager who told me I had the right radiator. It figures; part of me wants to go in (2 hr drive) and argue directly and other part wants to stay away from them and find other dealer ( a few closer to me).

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew XLT
White 4x4 5.4L V8 3.55LS
Class III Tow Pkg
Slid Plates
Sliding rear window
Bed Extender
Mods:::::::::::::::::::::
Huskey Liners
Westin Steps-Black
BFG AT KO's 285/75/16
AirForce 1 FIPK
FlowMaster 40 Delta series muffler
BedRug
ARE Z series cap

Old 04-26-2001, 07:13 PM
Thumbs up

Ok guys here it is. Go to Ford.com and scroll down to " contact us". Find the Ford name and click on it. Scroll down to where it says NACRC E-mail. Under that column you find the subsection, " vehicle problems." I hope that it works for you guys. So far so good for me. My 2.20" 2-row is supposed to be delivered to the dealer tommorow ( 4/27 ). Just an FYI , I never got a call from the Ford field engineer or anything, just an e-mail from a Regional office saying they were investigating the problem. I guess that they investigate pretty fast because about 3 days after that e-mail, I got a call from the service manager at the dealership. I went by and he verified that it was the small 1.02" one. So far it has been fairly smooth and I haven't even had to raise my voice yet. I'm still kinda cautious until my new radiator is actually installed. I'll keep everyone advised as to the progress.

------------------

2000 F150 Lariat Supercab Oxford White on top and parchment below, 157"WB, 5.4, 4R70W, 3.55 LS,SRW, Class 3

Mobil 1 5w30 oil with Motorcraft FL-820s
K&N Filtercharger
Penda Bedliner
Solo Radar Detector

Old 04-26-2001, 07:53 PM
Angry

I am dealing with this rad. problem too. Does anyone have a description of what is included in the 2000 f150 class 3 towing package? In addition to not having the larger radiator, I do not have the larger battery and now Im wondering if I have the tranny cooler and HD Shocks,of the last 2 how do i tell?

Quick Reply: Trailer Pkg. Radiator (Help)