Need help witha couple questions here

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need help witha couple questions here

Ok, i have a 96 F150 with the 5.0. Any know where i can get HP ratings and Torque, stuff like that?...and i also need to know if an engine that had been setup to run on natural gas, be converted back to gasoline. See i can get a big block 460 for the truck if i can convert it back to regular fuel. I also needd to know if it is possible to put the 460 into the truck and if the 5.0 can be put in a 99 mustang. Any help would be appreciated...thanks

------------------
96 F-150 XL 5.0 southtexas edition
pioneer DEH-8000 cd deck

Old 09-16-2000, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the service dept should have those #'s.
From my understanding the intake has been modified to accept the natural gas piping, so the switch should be easy.

Yes, but you'll need the springs off a 3/4, a 1ton would be better in the long run. They won't settle or sag as easy. It will also probably be just as or cheaper to order 3/4 springs w/ a 1-2" lift from super lift.
My friend did that for his 1/2, WOW world of difference. National spring could do it and even be more precise.

It will be a squeeze but can be done. There is a co that sells the V-10 to put into stangs. Soooooo, the 5.0 will fit, but you'll have a bit of salvaging to do on the intake, computer, headers etc...
the only concern would be tranny+motor mating. Advanced adapters will be able to conjure something up if needed.

Quick Reply: Need help witha couple questions here