What size is MAF on 99 Expedition?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What size is MAF on 99 Expedition?

Hey Guys - it's been about a year since I've posted here, and that was to ask your advice (for my Dad) on what truck to buy (Chev. vs. Ford.).

He bought a 2001 Ford F150 w/4.6L, and he LOVES it. No problems whatsoever, and he's completely satisfied with power, handling, and comfort.

That said, on to my problem.

I'm 'souping' up a 1992 Grand Marquis, and need to know either the part number for the 80mm MassAirFlow Sensor from a 1999 Expedition, WITH a 5.4L, or wether or not ALL 1999's came with 80mm MAF's.

Is there another engine available for the 1999 Expedition (4.6L)?

If not, then I know which part number it is, but since there is NO part number listed on www.fordpartsonline.com , I can't be sure it's the 80mm MAF or not. And, the guy at the parts desk doesn't either.

So, can you help a fellow Ford lover out?

Thanks,

Merc/Kevin.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:41 PM
I know this hasn't been up long, but I was really hoping for a quick reply .

Looks like it won't be ordered yet tonight.

Oh well, my fault for posting so late, eh ?

Old 01-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... All "99" and up F-150's and EXPEDITIONS have a 80mm MAF made from black composite plastic. The 4.6 and 5.4 use the exact same maf but are calibrated differently.

P.S : If your hod rodding a GRAND MARQUIS, you should check out my buddy SEB's website out www.85merk.com

Last edited by Neal; 01-22-2002 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks for that info Neal! Time to put in my order... Too bad they're on Pacific time...

And yes, I've already checked out Seb's site - I found it one day while I was surfing around looking for Vic/Marquis info, and invited him to www.crownvic.net (where I hang out most of the time ). That's quite the car he's got, eh?

Thanks Neal,

Kevin.

Old 01-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Cool

HI!... MercCougarXR7 : Ya SEB's just getting into hot rodding. The 347 stroker he's installing in it right now was designed by me. Good for 430H.P on the 2 barrel and about 500H.P on the 750 DP 4 barrel.

Old 01-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Then, you deserve a round of Applause ! I've seen the pics of it, and it's a work of art.

Hey, if you're into the Vics at all, there is a meet that I'm arranging at the St. Thomas Vic plant this summer. Seb is most likely going to come out, and if that's something you'd be interested in, he's got a back seat .

Uh, thanks for the help on this, I've got the part ordered, but they tacked on a charge until I return the 'Core'. Well, since this 80mm unit is replacing the stock (65mm?) unit, they probably won't take that one as trade .

Think it's OK to put a request out for a broken MAF on this board? Or is that a No-No?

Merc.

Old 01-26-2002, 01:58 AM
Cool

HI!... MercCougarXR7 : I drive past the CROWN VIC PLANT all the time. I go past there on my way to SPARTA DRAGWAY. Are you guys going to go to the dragstrip after the tour of the plant? I'd be interested in that. I went last year to the OAKVILLE PLANT tour to see our F-150's built. We also have all our F-150 meets at SPARTA DRAGWAY.

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2002, 07:11 PM
I think it was Seb who mentioned "Sparta", and I think that's an AWESOME idea .

Check over on www.crownvic.net once in a while regarding the meet.

I'm thinking June 9 would work nicely . A friday, tour during the afternoon, a BBQ (or if theres TOO many people, a Bar), and then test+tune at the track at night.

It's gonna be Fun! And, it isn't limited to CV owners by any means - bring the F150! My little brother who owns a Marquis wants to go, my dad who owns an F150 wants to go, and a few other people who I mentioned it to want to go.

I have to call the plant yet (you don't have a phone number handy, do ya ), so nothings in stone yet...

Quick Reply: What size is MAF on 99 Expedition?