air filter and chip wich ones are good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking air filter and chip wich ones are good?

i have a 99 f150 4.6 . i want to get a air filter but im not sure wich one to get and i want to get a chip but im also not sure with ones the best .. leme know thanx

Old 12-13-2001, 05:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would highly recommend the SUPERCHIPS brand chip, sold here by Mike Troyer. I would contact him for additional info. I have had mine for almost two years (in two 5.4L F-150s), and have been completely satisifed with it. It *DOES* work as advertised. There is a very noticeable difference.

I just recently looked into the many intake systems, and earlier this week decided to order an AIR FORCE ONE intake. Should be arriving soon. You can also contact Mike about this for additional information and ordering.

Old 12-13-2001, 06:23 AM
Thumbs up I agree.

I have to agree with Dustoff. I have a Superchip and I am more than happy with it.

As far as an air cleaner goes, I've got a K&N filter in my stock airbox. I've heard that if you go with FIPK or Airaid you lose low end power but gain at top end. With my truck, the more low end I have the better so I haven't switched.

Good luck.
Bob

Old 12-13-2001, 10:27 AM
N1mxer, the Superchip and K&N will "do circles" around the other chips and filters.

Old 12-13-2001, 06:45 PM
Talking

doesnt superchip make more then 1 kind of chip , can i have them program it to how i want it etc, etc... im thinking about geting the K&N air filter but they suck up to much crap so maby ill get there cold air system and see if i can get like a amsoil foam filter .. got any sugestion on an exasust?

Old 12-13-2001, 07:13 PM
Thumbs up Flipchip

The chip I have is a Flipchip. One side is for winter when I run my small tires and the other side is for summer when I run my 35's. You can have them custom burn them for about anything you want. Call Mike Troyer and he can tell you everything you need to know.

Bob

Old 12-14-2001, 06:09 AM
I have the Super chip and Airforce one FIPK. I installed them seperately and each one gave a noticable improvement in power. As far as loosing power with an FIPK at low end....I sure as heck didn't see it, in fact just the opposite.

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2002, 10:14 AM
If you look back several pages there is a thread about k&n filters that PROVES they do not suck up crap... in fact I have heard pretty conclusive evidence that the foam filters are the absolute worst instead of the other way around.
go with the K&N

Old 01-12-2002, 12:49 PM
Well this is redundant but Superchip hands down.

I have the Airaid and love it. If I were to do it over again, I might go with Airforce 1 just for the fact that it can utilize the air vent in the fender.

Other than that, I'me very happy with the Airaid, and Evergreen! When I got into the hot summer and started noticing the whistle, they very quickly sent me a whole new tube to try out for them. It worked. They used the concept of what they did with that tube and came up with a fix for others without having to replace the tube.

Now what can I do with that old tube?????

Quick Reply: air filter and chip wich ones are good?