"Poweraid"

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1999, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yeah, Whatever HE said!!
(this is the only part I understood "Just like louder mufflers, you live with the noise for the benefit of power" just kidding)

Old 01-02-2000, 07:25 PM
Thumbs up

Ok well my employee was sick this weekend so I finally got to test my Truck loaded. At the first straightaway, I went about 3/4 throttle from a stop, and even with the ton of weight in the back, the tires still chirped!! Now I couldn't exactly go whipping around because even though it can excelerate impressively with a load, it is still a Truck and it won't handle corners or stop as well as unloaded. Still I was quite pleased (in fact, I found myself giggling) as it never chirped the tires carrying that much weight before.

------------------
Andthensometoo ®
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's, Throttle Body Spacer Plate. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, "Andthensometoo" in silver Letters 3" tall on tail gate. Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
Gonna get my Bed rails back on, Finally!
Couldn't find the right Polished steel design, so once I modify the powercoated ones I just bought, I will paint them.

Q: who wants my "Pocket Mount" chrome ones? Price:cost of shipping, or gas and maybe lunch if you live in S/E MI.

"Rocks don't move unless pushed, and neither do chevys!"

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 01-03-2000, 02:36 AM
Hey all, I have already asked this question, but will the Poweraid work on the 4.2L? And before anyone starts this whole "you should have bought a V8" thing, let it be known that I will happily accept donations towards one!!! Best wishes to all . . .

***JaSoN***

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck) Clear Corner Lenses, DJM shackles, Billet Oval Mirror GIG'EM AGGIES

[This message has been edited by J_Rock (edited 01-03-2000).]

Old 01-03-2000, 11:37 AM
Thumbs up

J_Rock, I looked on the Poweraid site for you and didn't see that engine size listed. Go to the "Online store" and contact Roger via email. If they make one for your 4.2, he can get it.
He answered pretty fast last time I emailed him.
I won't say you shoulda got a v-8 either, somedays I want a 5.4, but then I would want a lightning, and then I would want....

Old 01-04-2000, 02:51 AM
Banned
Red face

Neal Says: "Is it in yet" ?

ATST Says: "You wouldn't be asking that if it was !!"

SS97Ford Says: "Ahhh, I get it now" ! LOL

Naughty, Naughty....kids !

ATST, about the sticker... Don't need a Woman mentioned in there, it's all about us "MEN" ! LOL The women get to look, admire & if they're lucky, even "touch" the truck ! So, the women part "is" figured into that sticker in an underlying way. No pun intended.

SS

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 01-04-2000).]

Old 01-04-2000, 08:19 AM
SS it's NOT all about men! I didn't need a man to buy my Truck. In fact I just bought it sooner then I intended because the mechanic that was fixing my areostar kept hitting on me! It needed a driveshaft, the junkyards didn't have any, and the only place that makes them was DANA and my ex works there. It was either get the 'shaft' from the mechanic or my ex. I chose neither!!
Ha Ha SO THERE!!!

btw nobody gets to touch my Truck!! Even my husband was carefully instructed how to open the doors without touching the painted parts.

[This message has been edited by Andthensometoo (edited 01-04-2000).]

Old 01-05-2000, 01:51 AM
Banned
ATST....... Does that mean that you open Doors "For" your husband ?? LOL

Man, you northern women... The guys got it made up there !! LOL

SS

Old 01-05-2000, 01:53 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

OK !!!!!! PowerAid should be in a Big Brown Plane or Truck right now on it's way to "TEXAS" !!!
Will be in friday night or Sat. morning depending on the weather !!

SS

Old 01-05-2000, 09:34 PM
No I don't have one yet but these people are not wasting their hard earned money. I am an engineer and the whole concept behind this part is to swirl the air to get better flow. Just for the critics, try this at home. Take two round jugs, (preferrably glass and the same size), and fill them with water. You'll need two people to do this. One person just simply pour the water out as fast as possible in whatever manner you wish. The other person is to take their jug, turn it completely upside down and swirl it around (making the water inside spin). Just see who finishes first. Let the plug out of your sink after your wife finishes washing the dishes, and see what happens. The water tries to get out as fast as possible. What does it do? It spins. It's all about flow.

For all the ladies no offense on the dish remark, as I do the dishes quite regularly.

------------------
97 4X4 Flareside 4.6 5-Speed, Dynamax headers, Borla Cat-back, 5% Tint, K&N, 285/75/16, 16x8 Baha's

Soon to superchip, soft cover, Rancho 9000's, and subwoofer.

Old 01-06-2000, 07:38 PM
Thumbs up

good point!!!i should have mine by this weekend also then i can test with the g-tech to get some #'s.....

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside 150XLT ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,3.55LS,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE),ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"
STEREO:eclipse head unit ,boston seperates ,orion amp, pioneer amp,2-orion 12's,custom box by me!,sony adjustable crossover,1 farad cap&way to many cd's

Old 01-10-2000, 12:54 AM
Banned
Cool

Well, USP had a screwup & it didn't come on friday....

But it will be here monday !! Will try to put it in this week, but by next weekend for sure !!
I'll keep y'all posted !

SS

Old 01-10-2000, 02:00 PM
Banned
Talking

IT's HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12:50 pm. Central Time !

SS

Old 01-10-2000, 06:02 PM
Wink

Is it in yet?

Old 01-11-2000, 12:10 AM
Banned
Talking

ATST, you'd "KNOW" it if it was ! LOL

SS

Old 01-11-2000, 12:32 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Well, I finally got the poweraid today & I installed it tonight. It was very easy to install. I took some pics of the different stages of the install & I will post them as soon as they are back & scanned.
I let her warm up for about 3-5 min. while I was putting things away & then went on down the road.
One thing I'll say is this. It sure "sounds" like it's doing something ! There is definitely a sound that comes with this product, no way around that. I have a flowmaster 2 chamber cat back system on my truck, so it is not a "quiet" ride. Not obnoxious, but not quiet. I also have a few hundred watts of stereo/subwoofer too.
I left the stereo off & the windows down about 1/2 way & when I got to the end of my street I gunned it a little bit. Up to this point, I didn't care about the noise, it was pretty mild, but when I hit the gas & took it to about 45 at 1/2-3/4 throttle, it definitely got a bit loud. I'd have to describe this sound as inbetween the whine of a supercharger & a loose belt. It did not sound like my a/c or pwr. steering was in need of bad repair, don't think that, but it was/is there & it will take some getting used to. AS for power, I took it about 5 miles down the road & couldn't really do anyting due to const. on the road, so I exited onto another long wide open road & came to a stoplight. At this point, I made the turn, was at about 10 mph & got on it, not floored right away, but quickly accelerating. I FELT IT ! The torque is there ! But, I looked down & was at 70+ in a 60 mph zone & couldn't see if a cop would be up ahead ready for someone like me. I made a U-turn & got stopped at a light. It turned green & I floored it. Both the rear wheels started spinning & then they grabbed & off I went. I don't usually do this.. VERY RARELY to be honest. Judging from memory, there was a noticeable difference for sure ! The superchip hit the shift nice & hard & off I went again. Up to 80+ this time & it felt really good !
I'm going to need to have a good night's sleep & drive it for a few days under normal conditions that I'm used to. Then I will be able to tell "how much" difference there is. I'm sure I'm "wanting" there to be alot, so I'm going to try to be very objective about having it installed. As for the mileage difference, I know that will take a couple weeks/tanks to get used to it being in the truck to get back to driving totally normal to see what changes it's making if any.
Overall, I like it. The sound will take some getting used to I'm sure. If you don't have exhaust modification on your truck or the airaid, you will definitely hear this for sure. It is not quiet.
But for me, I like sounds & if it bothers me I'll just turn the volume **** & there will be "NO CHANCE" of hearing the air spinning at all.
This is "NOTHING" like the tornado in construction. I bought one of those & sold it when I got the airaid since it wouldn't fit. I would not buy another tornado now, but I can say that I track my gas mileage "PRECISELY" and "ALWAYS" have & there was an increase w/the tornado. I'll post the results on the poweraid as I get them here.

SS

Quick Reply: "Poweraid"