Air intake mods with CA emissions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2000, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air intake mods with CA emissions?

I would like to incorporate some of the excellent air intake modifications that I've seen on this site for my new 2000 F150 5.4V8. Unfortunately, I am stuck with the CA emissions system and am unsure if I can apply the modifications. Any suggestions? Are there any other modification specific to eliminating some of the restrictions of the CA emissions system? I also plan to install a superchip once I have 1-2K miles on the truck.

Old 01-26-2000, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They'd probably not like any of the "free" mods.

But, the K&N FIPK is C.A.R.B. approved. Other systems like the AIRAID may be also.

Old 01-26-2000, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woodzach
I don't have the complete California emissions package on my truck but Texas does require the intake (and others) to be carb approved. With this in mind, I purchased the K&N generation two that is carb approved (has a -1 after the stock number). You may want to call a local speed shop in California or a mail order house like RV Performance Connection and ask them tons of questions. Then when satisfied, order from F150.com. Or… you could always move to a free state (less regulated).https://www.f150online.com/f150board/icons/icon12.gif

------------------
Don
F-150 Supercab Flareside (call her Scarlett), "Arrest Me Red", 4.6l, Automatic, Sport Package (minus ugly stickers), 6050# GVWR package, Sliding Rear Window, 17" Aluminum Wheels, ABS x 4, 3.55 rear, Mobile 1 5-30 soon to change back to Royal Purple (found a supplier at a reasonable price - my truck dealer). Mods: Linex Liner, K&N FIPK, Glass pack, Halogen backup lamps,
Desires: Tonneau (Looking for a soft any recommendations would be appreciated), Superchip, Better Speakers, and overhead console…

Quick Reply: Air intake mods with CA emissions?