By pass cam phasers (nightmare w/F250 super duty gasoline)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By pass cam phasers (nightmare w/F250 super duty gasoline)

I know there are folks who have dealt with this engine. The cam phasers have been changed four times with not quite 100k miles. I heard there is a way to by-pass this area, allowing oil pressure to stay up and rough idle to smooth.

Can someone give me some info on this? Also, send me a link to the exact kit I’d need? They are cheap I was told, but the person telling me about it only new their entire fleet of Fords had to have this done and the man who did the work has now passed away.

I am a woman and don’t know anything other than we don’t need to replace parts that aren’t going to fix the problem. Been there, done that.

how to by-pass cam phasers? Help!!

since I’ll probable lose or forget this site: IF you have the knowledge about what I’m talking about and the time to help, help me find the link to the right kit, you can email me: mistykeens@yahoo.com.

Last edited by MKeens; 05-27-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:44 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Year and engine, please. You may need a full timing job and oil pump, that's not a cheap job.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-27-2021, 11:24 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MKeens
I know there are folks who have dealt with this engine. The cam phasers have been changed four times with not quite 100k miles. I heard there is a way to by-pass this area, allowing oil pressure to stay up and rough idle to smooth.

Can someone give me some info on this? Also, send me a link to the exact kit I’d need? They are cheap I was told, but the person telling me about it only new their entire fleet of Fords had to have this done and the man who did the work has now passed away.

I am a woman and don’t know anything other than we don’t need to replace parts that aren’t going to fix the problem. Been there, done that.

how to by-pass cam phasers? Help!!

since I’ll probable lose or forget this site: IF you have the knowledge about what I’m talking about and the time to help, help me find the link to the right kit, you can email me: mistykeens@yahoo.com.

you need to use motorcraft parts

and quality oil filters / proper oil / maintenance...

Old 05-28-2021, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Year and engine, please. You may need a full timing job and oil pump, that's not a cheap job.
2010 5.4.... the cam phasers and solenoid all that stuff has been done already numerous times. It’s the engine every mechanic shakes their head and laughs about.

I was just told there was a way to bypass it.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:41 AM
glc
There is a reason you have low oil pressure, that should be addressed. Yes, there are phaser lockout kits available, they require a custom tune. Contact these people:

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP823108

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-28-2021, 01:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I also recommend a Melling HV360 oil pump too.

Old 05-28-2021, 02:15 PM
glc
In the meantime, try using heavier oil. This may get the pressure up enough at idle to keep the phasers operating. I'd suggest some 10W40, and use a Motorcraft filter. However, this, and/or phaser lockouts, won't address underlying problems such as a weak oil pump and/or the need for a full timing component job.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:37 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Watch this video. He discusses one of the possibilities for causing low oil pressure.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:55 PM
Thank you

I’m gonna change the phaser out and see what happens I’ll be changing the oil pump anyway just because of how bad all these parts are anyway I’ll let y’all know what happens with the new phaser

Old 03-24-2022, 04:03 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1hurley17
I’m gonna change the phaser out and see what happens I’ll be changing the oil pump anyway just because of how bad all these parts are anyway I’ll let y’all know what happens with the new phaser
Usually a "Melling" (brand pump is strongly suggested, the idea being that in this vase, Ford's was inadequate.

Quick Reply: By pass cam phasers (nightmare w/F250 super duty gasoline)