Bad fuel pump but I have 2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad fuel pump but I have 2?

I believe I have narrowed my lean issue to the fuel pump. But I have 2. One factory and one that came with the Vortech Supercharger. So do I replace one or both. If I replace one how do I figure out which one? I have a 01 F-150 HD. I just got it and I don’t know the history.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:51 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Are you sure the fuel filter isn't plugged?

Old 09-01-2020, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Are you sure the fuel filter isn't plugged?
I replaced that and the pcv.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:21 PM
UGL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure of your setup, but you may want to verify how to auxiliary fuel pump was wired up. Case in point, I have two Walbro 450lph pumps with one running all the time. The second pump only turns on when I reach a couple psi. I would check for a fuse to the second pump.. You need to determine how your pumps are wired, fused and possibly relayed, especially that second pump. Could be something as simple as a fuse to the second pump. If it's only lean under boost, start with that second pump.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-05-2020, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by UGL
Not sure of your setup, but you may want to verify how to auxiliary fuel pump was wired up. Case in point, I have two Walbro 450lph pumps with one running all the time. The second pump only turns on when I reach a couple psi. I would check for a fuse to the second pump.. You need to determine how your pumps are wired, fused and possibly relayed, especially that second pump. Could be something as simple as a fuse to the second pump. If it's only lean under boost, start with that second pump.
I couldn’t find the fuse for the second fuel pump so I just disconnected the wire and it would not start at all. So I replaced the in tank. I think that fixed the issue but I have not tested it yet. I still need tires and shocks. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Bad fuel pump but I have 2?