2006 5.4L triton PCV valve issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 5.4L triton PCV valve issues

I am currently the frustrated owner of a 2006 5.4l f150 it has the 3 valve engine with 227000km on it. I’ve recently come to learn I may need a new PCV Valve as I am burning a LOT of oil. only issue is I can’t find one in any stores for my engine. Now my PVC valve is heated, but everywhere I call can’t find one They sell that will fit. I eventually gave up and called my local ford dealership. They informed me they only sell the PCV valve attached to the valve cover and that I need to replace my entire valve cover to change it. This is extremely annoying as I JUST did the valve cover gaskets a few months back And I remember how annoying and time consuming it was not to mention my covers are fine. I am curious if anyone has ever change the heated PCV valve on this engine without removing the valve cover and if anyone knows of somewhere that I can purchase just the PCV valve or even the entire heater and PCV just anything but the cover it’s self.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:05 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
You don't have a PCV valve at all, heated or not. You have a fixed orifice built into the driver's side valve cover.

Look elsewhere for the reason you are burning oil.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Krista, I have a 2005 5.4L F-150 (I'm the original owner) that started inexplicably using oil about two years after I bought it. My truck was losing about 1 quart of oil every 800 miles. After going back and forth with the dealer a few times, they finally replaced my driver's side valve cover. The problem went away and hasn't returned since. I've now got about 125,000 miles on my truck.

Bottom line: this particular repair worked for the issue my truck was experiencing.

Quick Reply: 2006 5.4L triton PCV valve issues