Truck Dies???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Truck Dies???????????

Hello
i have a 97 f150 and the last few months i have noticed that from time to time(usally when iam at the lights. the truck just dies (does not stall) or if i turn a corner the wheel locks up and i look down and the truck is dead i have to start it again to go around the corner.

i spoke to a few other people i know that have the same year and truck (97 ext cab bed and manual trans) and they have the same problem

is this a known problem? can i fix it?

many thanks
steve

Old 01-10-2000, 11:12 PM
Wink

I have a 99 F-150 with a 4.6L that had a problem with the engine almost dying but would always come back to normal rpms. The dealer could not find a problem and it would not repeat for the dealer(they said). It was dangerous when this happened if you were turning a corner. What I did that fixed mine, at least for now, was disconnect the battery for about an hour the reconnect and go out and drive the !#$% out of it. It hasn't happened again now for abot 5000 miles. Good Luck.

------------------
LTDC
99 F-150, ext cab, 4.6L, 3.55 gears, limited slip, manual trans. catbac exhaust

Old 01-11-2000, 04:28 AM
cm
Have you given it a tuneup lately? Sometimes things like this can be attributed to a clogged fuel filter, bad plugs/wires, or other simple fixes. If you've tried that stuff and it still has problems, then maybe it's time to see your dealer.

------------------
-cm

Old 01-11-2000, 10:56 PM
Does it start right up when you re-start it? This sounds like a problem I had with my 89 5.0 Mustang. Dealer said it was a weak fuel pump. They replaced it for $300. Did it again about 3 weeks later. Took it to my hometown mechanic. He found it. The computer ground wire was loose and sending the wrong info to the engine. Never had a problem again!

[This message has been edited by J.J. Middleton (edited 01-11-2000).]

Quick Reply: Truck Dies???????????