Need Help. Vacuum hose path 2008 F150 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help. Vacuum hose path 2008 F150 4WD

Hi, I am in need of some help. My truck stays parked most of the summer months and I've had a rodent of some kind get into this year and chew things up. I've patched up the wiring, but I have an issue with a vacuum line going to the front driver side 4WD hub. It is chewed off right above where it attaches to the ABS module and for the life of me, I cannot find the other end where it was chewed off at. Little furry bastich must have take the whole thing home with him. :angry:

So I was wondering if anyone has a photo of a '08 v8 engine compartment I can look at to try and track down where this hose went or know of where this line attaches into.

Thanks
Jon

Old 12-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
It's going to be tee-d into the same vacuum line as the passenger side hub at or near the IWE solenoid which is back on the firewall on the passenger side. Follow that passenger side line back to the tee, if necessary, then follow the remnants of the original driver's side vacuum line to wherever the critter bit it off. Or, you could just run a temporary bypass hose to restore auto hub operation for the time being.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks. I did check the solenoid to see if it was all hooked up there. I followed that line over and behind the air cleaner where I lost it, and I wasn't sure if that was the line that hooked up with the section on the ABS module. It must have bitten it off there as I did find other chunks of chewed up hood liner there.

I'll pop that air cleaner off this evening and check back behind there.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Well, crap. I traced the hoses to each wheel hub and no joy. The hose comes out of the solonoid, splits in a t-joint and one goes to the passenger side wheel, then the other goes under the engine and over to the driver side, back up into the engine compartment where it joins this hose and goes down to the hub on the driver's side. This one is driving me up the wall as I can't find any information online about this and all I really need is a diagram showing where this hose goes. I've even gotten on Haynes' website and got into their online book, but that sucks because the picture that they show is from a new model vehicle.

Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the engine bay of the 2008 F150 or a photo?

On the plus side, I did find two other chew points on the vacuum line under the truck. I seriously hate rodents.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The factory service manual doesn't show it's routing, you'll need to trace it manually or just bypass it to get the system working.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM
That's the rub of it, I'd bypass it in a heartbeat if I knew where it went to.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Ok, I think I have been stressing over this for nothing. I have found a diagram and explanation of the IWE system over here on this forum : http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/83...then-some.html (Apologies if linking to another forum is bad karma, but it may help someone with the same problem)

In that thread is a simple diagram of where the hoses connect and the hose I have been looking at is one of the blue hoses, a vent hose. I am going to verify that the passenger side has the same thing and if so, there goes one big worry off my shoulders!

Onto changing the oil and making sure the brakes are in proper working condition!

projectSHO89, thanks for your help with this issue!

Old 12-08-2016, 03:01 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
We have the exact same article here.