Codes P0171, and P0174 2006 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that's a fuel vapor management line. I don't know the exact name for it.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by SubSkip
I believe that's a fuel vapor management line. I don't know the exact name for it.
Thanks Skip you are correct, its a fuel vapor separator tube. Used the Ford parts web schematics to find it and presto! I was looking in emissions and could not see it.
Problem solved! Just with the tube duct taped it purrs like a kitten!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by EzraF; 10-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Well, I guess I hadn't realized that you may not know how to read a tachometer.
Then again. If you do not,- it may be a better idea to just take the vehicle in and let the pros have at it. .
Well, I guess I hadn't realized you may not know how to deal with people respectfully. Being insulting is easy behind the keyboard. It may be a better idea for you to act here as you would in person. You provided no help here, only some malformed elitist attitudes and insulting comments. In person, I'm sure you would not be so foolish toward me. I am sure of that.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by EzraF
Well, I guess I hadn't realized you may not know how to deal with people respectfully. Being insulting is easy behind the keyboard. It may be a better idea for you to act here as you would in person. You provided no help here, only some malformed elitist attitudes and insulting comments. In person, I'm sure you would not be so foolish toward me. I am sure of that.
I can guarantee you 100% that I don't waiver. No, I wouldn't baby you in person, -that just isn't going to happen here or anywhere. I've been here for years helping out, -if I wasn't the least bit genuine, it would have become evident long ago. No you just weren't listening a few pages as I explained the comment which had you fouled to begin with. Hey, I can't make you, won't even try when you choose this route.. As foolish as THAT was, I haven't a doubt it would own you in person.

Originally Posted by EzraF
I am sure of that.
Yea well, -we would have to see what we see right.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by jbrew
I can guarantee you 100% that I don't waiver. No, I wouldn't baby you in person, -that just isn't going to happen here or anywhere. I've been here for years helping out, -if I wasn't the least bit genuine, it would have become evident long ago. No you just weren't listening a few pages as I explained the comment which had you fouled to begin with. Hey, I can't make you, won't even try when you choose this route.. As foolish as THAT was, I haven't a doubt it would own you in person.

Yea well, -we would have to see what we see right.
You might know something or two about your 15 year old truck but your grasp of the English language is at best that of a third grader, a failing third grader. Bet you had to cheat just to get your G.E.D.

As far as calling me lazy and stupid in person, as you did here, "It would own you in person"? "It"? Really? You are dumber than a sack of hammers. Have a good time being a keyboard thug/punk here.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
OK, Ezra and Jbrew, lets lighten up and move forward.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM

No problem Blue, - as it conveniently migrated to self explanatory anyways.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did someone say "sack of hammers"?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rockpick
Did someone say "sack of hammers"?
Yes! I had to laugh. For me,-Sarah Palin came to mind for certain reasons,- or maybe that was "bag" of hammers on that end. Iduno, close enough lol.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
It's not the 02's, save your money on that one.

Those codes are an air leak AFTER the MAF. Check any and all hoses that have vacuum. Brake booster hose can do it too. Check by the battery on the firewall there is a T and a line that goes to the resivour (sp?), could be there or even the res it self could be cracked.

Take a look at the intake tube from the air cleaner to the throttle body, make sure it is tight and no tears or cracks in it.

Also if it has a composite plenum, it could be cracked or bad intake gaskets.

Just throwing a few suggestions out, hope you find it.

Good luck
had the same trouble code on mine.. was 02 sensor on the manifold.. instand fix. before i threw in the 02 i replaced sensor on the throttle body which didn't do anything, and air intake sensor nothing happened, fuel filter and pump, nothing worked... last resort was o2 which turned out to be the problem after wasting tons of money.. not saying thats the problem, just in my experience..

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Based on your collection of codes I would suggest that you source of trouble would be several Emission Hoses. Primarily the hose leading from the back of the Intake Manifold leading to the PCV Valve on the PS Valve Cover. I would check it, but if you cannot resolve it yourself; replace the vacuum line completely. I've found that cracking around the rubber fittings on either ends along with a cracked tube will introduce too much un-metered air into your air/fuel mixture. Give it a check.

Quick Reply: Codes P0171, and P0174 2006 4.6