Missing/shaking in R and drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing/shaking in R and drive

Just got done changing plugs, coils, fuel filter, air filter, and oil and the truck idles fine but when i shirt it into reverse or drive, it starts with a light vibration like it has a small miss somewhere...Weird since the plugs are brand new and all parts used are MC except for global coils....It also has a shaking/ shutter problem between 45 and 55mph below and above that are fine...This shaking im thinking could be the tranny but anyone know why it would start missing in D? Only thing i can think of is to take one of my used mc coils and try switching it out with all 8 globals 1 at a time to see if a can single out a bad coil maybe....No codes either. Any other ideas? Thanks 01 5.4 4x2

Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Only thing i can think of is to take one of my used mc coils and try switching it out with all 8 globals 1 at a time to see if a can single out a bad coil maybe.
That's what you need to do.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 AM
I had ordered some Global Coils and they were all bad. I had this miss that wouldn't go away and it bucked bad around 45-55 mph. They were all firing but just not hard enough to run right. I ended up biting the bullet and buying new MC ones. The savings just wasn't worth the hassle.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by glc
That's what you need to do.
So what if 2 or more of the global coils are bad? What im asking is, say 4 of the 8 globals are bad, if i switch out one of the bad ones with a used mc one leaving now 3 bad coils, will there be a noticeable difference so that i know to leave the used mc coil in and keep moving on searching out the other 3 bad ones? I dont know how many coils are bad but i just dont know how to weed the bad ones out if theres more than one. Thanks

Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 AM
You could put all of your MC ones back in and then start swapping in the new Globals!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
You could put all of your MC ones back in and then start swapping in the new Globals!!!
Not really a smart thing to do since i swapped out the old mc ones after 2 went bad @ 250,000 miles, the other 6 i still have, but have put their time in im sure. Still though, either way its one by one. When i had 1 mc coil go bad, it was jumping like hell so if all 8 were misfiring/bad im sure the motor would jump off the mounts....

Quick Reply: Missing/shaking in R and drive