oil pressure drops when turning

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oil pressure drops when turning

Sometimes when I decelerate rapidly and then turn. My oil pressure gauge drops for a second and then when I accelerate again it goes back up. It only happens when I turn. Anyone have any ideas of why this is doing this

Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When the Mustangs first had the 4.6 installed in them we were getting an unusual number of bearing failures. The failures appeared to be from loss of lubrication. After a little investigating they found that most of these were coming from Mustangs used in course or rally racing where hard turns are the norm. They solved the problem by increasing the oil pan capacity on Mustang engines and adding baffles. I'm not saying you should just add oil to your truck as overfilling is not good either. Make sure you have the right amount of oil in the engine. Drain the oil completely then add the manufacturers recommended amount of oil. Then check the dipstick and mark it with a line using a file. This way you will know that you have the correct oil fill. It is possible that you have the wrong dipstick and/or that you are not running with the correct amount of oil in the engine.

Last edited by DYNOTECH; 12-19-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: oil pressure drops when turning