Help 05 rough idle with codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help 05 rough idle with codes

Hi everybody my 05 f150 xlt with the 5.4 has been running good until Friday when the idle got rough after the truck had warmed up then on Sat. the CEL came on and I retrieved these codes p0172(bank1 rich) p0300(random misfire) p0304(misfire on #4)plus in the morning when I first start it it takes a long crank and I get a little bit of blue smoke (oil) from the tail pipe. So do you guys think I,m suffering from a stuck injector or something else? Is there a way that I can verify if its my injector or some other area I should be looking at on bank 1? If its not the injector its my dime so I would like to be sure thanks for the help.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:54 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I'm betting that the #4 injector is leaking.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by glc
I'm betting that the #4 injector is leaking.
I hope so glc I made an appointment at the dealership for Thur. morning to see if our suspicions are right. Would a bad cop cause the same symptoms?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 AM
glc
You can check that by swapping it with another cop and see if the misfire changes cylinders.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Well you were right glc it was the injector they replaced it this morning here is a list of the repair they did.

1 5C3Z*9F593*DC injector asy.
1 FOPZ*9229*A kit "O" ring
7 XO*5W20*QSP oil-engine
1 FL*820*S filter asy-oil
9 WA*14*SBA STRAP-wiring

Does anybody know what the wiring is that they replaced? I haven't had a chance to look at the repair work they did yet because as soon as I got my truck back I had to high tail it to work and now its to dark out to be looking.
Glad they changed the oil only had a 100 miles left before it was dew.

Thanks again glc

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 AM
glc
Was all that work covered under the extended injector warranty?

Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Was all that work covered under the extended injector warranty?
Yep didn't have to pay a single dime. They wanted to change the oil in case there was fuel contamination but as far as the wiring repair goes I have know idea what it is or ware its located I'll look this morning to try to locate the wiring repair. I'm wondering if the tech broke a wiring plug or something and had to replace it maybe the injector harness who knows I'll find out here when it gets daylight.

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by seasprite
Yep didn't have to pay a single dime. They wanted to change the oil in case there was fuel contamination but as far as the wiring repair goes I have know idea what it is or ware its located I'll look this morning to try to locate the wiring repair. I'm wondering if the tech broke a wiring plug or something and had to replace it maybe the injector harness who knows I'll find out here when it gets daylight.
What is the extended injector warranty? I am running into similar problems and I am thinking about going to the dealership but I don't remember what the details of my warranty are. All the ford guy told me was I had the pretty much the best warranty possible.

How did you not have to pay a deductible?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Alright went and looked under the hood this morning checked the oil they put 7.5 qts of oil in it couldn't tell on the wiring so I did a search and the only thing I was able to come up with is a wire retainer to keep the wires in place. I can hardly tell they were in there which is good that means everything is in its proper place and not just left loose or were they moved it so far I,m happy with the job they did good. Some dealerships take pride in the service they provide some I wouldn't let touch a rubber band powered airplane.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM
glc
Originally Posted by cabrego
What is the extended injector warranty? I am running into similar problems and I am thinking about going to the dealership but I don't remember what the details of my warranty are. All the ford guy told me was I had the pretty much the best warranty possible.

What year and engine?

The extended injector warranty only applies to 05 5.4's. It's 11 years/120k miles.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ti...call_07M08.pdf

Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by cabrego

Just follow the link that glc provided if you have the 2005 5.4 this is special coverage for known faulty injectors that Ford installed in this year of F150 so there is no deductible and covers all damages that the failed injectors may cause. Do you have a CEL on with a rough idle or missing out?

Quick Reply: Help 05 rough idle with codes