New Thumpr cam 5.4 3 valve Anyone Done or considering!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update

i haven't had time to drive it much. I've been trying to get stuff done before it gets too hot (like prepping and pouring my concrete driveway 40yds of cement)

The cams work in 04-08 4.6/5.4 3V, maybe even in 09's You can call ford motorsports and ask.
4.6/5.4 2v Will NOT fit

i haven't even gone thru a 1/4 tank yet. lol I have had a couple issues, which Joe thinks is vacuum related (in which haven't had time to check) there is that 1/8 vacuum on top of motor,in which i had to move countless times while doing the stuff. lol

Driving is good,i don't drive around in overdrive (resonates to much in cab)
you can REALLY feel the cams come on strong above 2500 rpm

Thumpr stage 2/3 have little more power gain on top,but loose low end, hot rod keeps your lowend because of phasers.

my truck was stock, i put everything on at once, CAI (forced),Long tubes,cams, and tune

Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man i wish i had the money to do this to mine. its a dog stock. i hate the etb. no throttle response at all. one of the few things i dislike about my f150.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:04 AM
I just bought my 04 5.4 with the thumr cams

I just bought a 04 f150 with the 5.4 3v. The guy installed comp cams ****** tbumpr cams long tube headers. Cai. And he did a intake butterfly delete. He never got a good tune for it. So I took it to a shop and had them tune it but it still runs like crap. Is the intake valve delete an issue? Idk where to go with it

Old 09-22-2022, 06:48 PM
***** Thumpr

[hey I’m putting in the 127020 ***** Thumpr in my 06 f150
5.4L3v….. where and who did ya get your tune from?
I called comp and they told me any online tuner can do it. American Trucks transferred me to bamatunes who said they don’t support the tune for the 5.4 g150. HELP!!

QUOTE=bigbuckmiddaugh;3677063]ok, i got the tune upload today (this morning)
And took a 1 1/2 mile ride. Holy moly..what a difference! Granted i only went to 3000 rpm's. I have to run couple tanks of 93 thru it, to get all the 87 out to run it hard.
Then i'll post some more clips.

i smell rubber in my near future!

this was stock motor: added cams,headers and cai and of course tune!
All i can say i have a BUTT load more torque off line compared to stock (seat of the pants meter). I know for sure i can light the 33x15.5 up now.

When you started hitting around 2000 rpm...it wanted to really run!

I pulled in my driveway (which is gravel at the moment) Bump the gas a little and i went sideways!! lmao If i would have really got on it, i could easyly done a full circle with no effort. lol

all i can say is...i'm REALLY liking the truck now!

Edit: by the way! thanks joe![/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: New Thumpr cam 5.4 3 valve Anyone Done or considering!