22 micron filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22 micron filter

Just thought I would see if anyone would like one of these. I am going to talk to the owner of the company tomarrow and see what the deal is.

The Lifetime Oil Filter System for piston engine, is the most technologically advanced oil filtration system in the last fifty years. This revolutionary technology oil filter assembly is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft billet aluminum. Inside the aluminum housing is a high flow, 22 micron, cleanable woven stainless steel filter element. Large inlet and outlet passages provide for a maximum oil flow rate of twenty two gallons per minute (22 GPM), double the flow of the largest "Throw-Away" oil filters.

It's plain and simple, clean oil preserves piston engine components service life. You'll find that unscheduled removal of engine parts is a thing of the past, and parts that haven't reached their life limit can now be returned to service, saving a bundle on engine overhaul cost.

Every year millions of throw-away oil filters and used oil is thrown into land fills. Cleanable oil filter with up to 100 hours (5000 miles) between oil changes will help reduce waste.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
First off, even a cheap oil filter will filter better than a 22 micron absolute filter. Purolator is rated at 10 microns, 90%, single pass. That means that it captures all the way down to 10 microns, 90% of the glass media will be captured on a single pass thru the filter. A Mobil One synthetic will filter at 10 microns, 85% multi-pass. That means it captures 85% of all materials 10 microns and larger but in multiple passes thru the filter. The K&N is about the same. A particle of 40 microns will do damage to an engine. A particle of 22 microns will increase wear. Their claims of increased flow is advertizing hype at best. A common oil pump on a Triton runs at about 18 gallons a minute at speed. A high volume does much more. So much for the claims of doubling the flow of a normal filter. At something like $200.00 for the unit, you'd be far, far, far, far, far, (get the idea) better off buying an Amsoil bi-pass unit and getting filtration down to 3 microns. You can also do it with other units like the FS-2500, etc. But these units will work as advertized, just who needs inferior oil filtration that costs a ton to get into when much better technology is out there. Have you figured out just how many oil filters you can buy for the same money spent on this thing? Have they explained the effects of the combustion acids on the stainless guts? What about the valve assembly for a Triton like anti-drain back or by-pass if the unit gets clogged? I'd suggest doing your home work before getting out the wallet. I'd rank these right up there with Gadgets with no Benefits.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Quick to throw it into the junk pile. I guess I was a little short on the first statement. Like I said I still have to talk to the owner. It has a bypass system for clogging and I need to check on the anti flow back but the original filter is set up for a special application with use on 50 weight oil. With 5/20 or 5/30 the flow rates would be higher. I am looking into other filter elements with lower micron filtration. The big question is would the average Joe gear head be interested in a cleanable high quality filter. I still have a ton of research to do but if everyone feels as you do then no hair off my back.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by CRASH594

The Lifetime Oil Filter System for piston engine, is the most technologically advanced oil filtration system in the last fifty years. This revolutionary technology oil filter assembly is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft billet aluminum. Inside the aluminum housing is a high flow, 22 micron, cleanable woven stainless steel filter element. Large inlet and outlet passages provide for a maximum oil flow rate of twenty two gallons per minute (22 GPM), double the flow of the largest "Throw-Away" oil filters.

22 micron isn't very good for a modern filter.

I'm planning on running the AMSOIL EAO full flow filter. 98.7%@15 microns. It's the best full flow filter on the market.

If you want to best filtration, check out a bypass filter. Most will filter 98%at 3 microns or less. I had one on my my 97 and had oil analysis done, it was cleaner than most hydraulic systems.

Quick Reply: 22 micron filter