Help on F-150 engine pull

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get to the point to where you need to pull the 4.6 or 5.4 engine and you like to do all your own maintenance, it might be a good idea to sell the truck to a salvage yard and buy a GM truck. the OHV engines are a lot easier to work on and parts are cheaper. I own an Expedition and if the engine ever needs to come out and I want a full size SUV, I'll get a Tahoe.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:33 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Go troll some other forum.......

Old 04-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by weeniedawg
If you get to the point to where you need to pull the 4.6 or 5.4 engine and you like to do all your own maintenance, it might be a good idea to sell the truck to a salvage yard and buy a GM truck. the OHV engines are a lot easier to work on and parts are cheaper. I own an Expedition and if the engine ever needs to come out and I want a full size SUV, I'll get a Tahoe.
Getting the engine out of these truck isnt that hard. Unless you are an idiot. Who only likes working on GM garbage.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 98TritonXLT
When I did my 98, the truck was whacked hard in the front. I ended up cutting the radiator support out as it was slated to get replaced due to the damage. I disconnected and drained everything. I dropped the transfer case and pulled the engine and transmission as a package. Re-assembled everything in the garage and re-installed as a package. On a side note, 30k miles later, I ended up pulling my transmission to fix TCase/Trans issues (another story) and a tip that I wish I had when I did it the first time around, get yourself a long 1/2" drive ratchet extension (aprox. 36" long) and once the TCase and everything else is out of the way, lower the transmission slowly, you will then be able to see the top 2 bolts and remove them.
By top 2 bolts, do you mean bell housing? Because you can reach them easily from the top side after the intake manifold is removed. Just a lil friendly advice

Quick Reply: Help on F-150 engine pull