Is it ok to get rid of IAC plastic thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
For the whole thing ? I don't get your question? It connects to your Intake tube and runs to the IAC lol. That part
Oh, I have all the parts I need lol Im not missing anything under there.

I sure would like to rig that "muffler" back in there somehow.:o

Old 04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Oh, I have all the parts I need lol Im not missing anything under there.

I sure would like to rig that "muffler" back in there somehow.:o
Why can't you if you have all the parts? I'm not understanding what the problem is here? - Just put it on

Old 04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
The instructions from my Cold Air Intake had me eliminate the muffler all together and replace it with a hose they supplied me because it wont fit and all.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 PM

Soooooo. Why can't you remove that and put your stock IAC hose and muffler back on ? Is the K&N IAC port different that your stock port or something? I mean , it's just a hole in the intake tube right

I seems like it would real easy to put it back on. - You just need a little piece of hose to connect it right.?

Okay , I'll stop trying to figure this out.

Last edited by jbrew; 04-21-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Soooooo. Why can't you remove that and put your stock IAC hose and muffler back on ? Is the K&N IAC port different that your stock port or something? I mean , it's just a hole in the intake tube right

I seems like it would real easy to put it back on. - You just need a little piece of hose to connect it right.?

Okay , I'll stop trying to figure this out.
Well the K&N IAC port is slightly more towards the front of the vehicle. If i set the muffler in place where it's supposed to sit (the only place it will sit unfortunately) the outlet of the muffler touches the port on the intake but directly behind it while hitting the silicone adapter to the throttle body. Dont make me go take a picture now... lol

Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Well the K&N IAC port is slightly more towards the front of the vehicle. If i set the muffler in place where it's supposed to sit (the only place it will sit unfortunately) the outlet of the muffler touches the port on the intake but directly behind it while hitting the silicone adapter to the throttle body. Dont make me go take a picture now... lol

Finally !! I understand

Now why didn't you say that in the first place , yuh knothead

Jk.

Anyway - Yea, you would have to add a piece of "S" hose to connect - or just splice into the K&N hose somehow. I think someone mentioned that already somewhere.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Finally !! I understand

Now why didn't you say that in the first place , yuh knothead

Jk.

Anyway - Yea, you would have to add a piece of "S" hose to connect - or just splice into the K&N hose somehow. I think someone mentioned that already somewhere.
Alright!

I'll figure something out, gonna be a pain in the butt. Hmmm something to think about now.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Here's what K&N had to say...

I sent K&N Tech Support an email and heres what they said...

Dear K&N Customer,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your performance intake system. On certain Ford vehicles, some engines are equipped with an idle air control (IAC) system. The idle air control system provides air to the engine while the throttle body is closed (and the engine is at idle) to keep the engine running. As a result of normal operation, components in the idle air control system can become dirty or contaminated (such as from carbon buildup) or just wear out and need to be replaced. When this occurs, the idle air control system will start to make a noise, similar to the hum you would hear while blowing over the top of an open coke bottle. The noise may be intermittent (come and go) and may also be affected by climate (only occur in cold weather). A repair technician familiar with Ford vehicles should be able to recommend the best repair to eliminate the noise. Some customers have even experienced a noise even when the factory intake is still in place.
If you still experience a noise after having the idle air control system inspected/repaired, please contact us at 1(800)858-3333.
Thomas Walden
Technical Support
ThomasW@KNFilters.com

Hi. Thanks for the reply! I've never had a problem with the noise stated below until I installed my intake kit. Im just curious as to why my K&N Cold Air Intake instructions had me take out and eliminate my IAC Resonator all together??
Thank you! I'd appreciate a reply.
Justin

Hey Justin,

It is very rare for a noise issue to occur. If this happened on every vehicle, then it would be added. Thank you!
Thomas Walden
Technical Support
ThomasW@KNFilters.com

Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM

Well he's right in the first reply to a point. You could clean your IAC correctly and maintain it with Seafoams "Deep Creep" (A lube + cleaning agent in one)- You may never have that noise return. But when she gets a little dirty, it will prolly let you know.

Personally - I would fit the muffler back into the line somehow and clean the IAC and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Is it ok to get rid of IAC plastic thing?