'89 F-150 Turning over, not starting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'89 F-150 Turning over, not starting?

Hi all, My good old truck is acting up. I went out to start it today and it just turns over and will not start. It ran last night. A couple of days ago it started up a little rough, sounded like it was missing on a cylinder both when idling and underload. But that went away the next day. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kd7skx
Hi all, My good old truck is acting up. I went out to start it today and it just turns over and will not start. It ran last night. A couple of days ago it started up a little rough, sounded like it was missing on a cylinder both when idling and underload. But that went away the next day. Any ideas?

Thanks
First check to see if you have spark through the spark plug wires. If you don't, most likely it's the ignition module on the side of the distributor. You need a special tool to remove and reinstall the ignition module.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
you need fuel spark and compression for it to run so check it all.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Just a quick thought and question, where are the relays for the fuel, start up, any thing related basically that starts the truck. Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Ok so I just went out and found the relays under the hood. They were covered in snow. So I am going to leave them in the house to warm up over night and see what they do in the morning. I have a bad gap in my hood where snow or what ever can get in too. Had a slight meeting with a guard rail a month back. I will post back with my results in the morning.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:43 AM
IT'S FIXED. The fuel pump relay was frozen. It runs great now. Thanks for all the advice. You guys are a great help. I will defiantly stop by again if I need help.

Quick Reply: '89 F-150 Turning over, not starting?