Champion Develops "FIX" Plug for 5.4L 3 valves!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dkstone05
Well you guys aren't going to believe this. I went to Oreillys to pick up my plugs and guess what. They couldn't get them. The reason why, a feakin Ford dealer bought all 192 plugs out of their warehouse a couple of hours before I called. The manager said the warehouse now has 195 on backorder and not sure when he'll be able to get his hands on them but will check around.

In the mean time I just purchased them online from sparkplugs.com They have them for $16.23 each with ground shipping @ $11.28. So as long as these are not on backorder too I should have plugs next week.

As far as these plugs screwing up the threads that will probably only happen if you leave them in for 100K miles. I plan to pull them every 20K to 30K miles to see what they look like and clean them off if needed.
Let us know how they run in your truck!..........

Old 02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Let us know how they run in your truck!..........
I'll be sure to post my results. I think they will run fine. From past experience when I've bought different plugs for my Ranger every time I changed for 250k miles I could never tell a difference. Hopefully some time in the next week or so we'll find out. One thing is for sure this is going to be the most expensive plug change I've ever had.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll be sure to post my results. I think they will run fine. From past experience when I've bought different plugs for my Ranger every time I changed for 250k miles I could never tell a difference. Hopefully some time in the next week or so we'll find out. One thing is for sure this is going to be the most expensive plug change I've ever had.
I hope everything goes well for you! If these plugs run well, honestly I believe that they will, they are a double Platnum plug, I will be using them! Good luck! We are with you!..........

Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
If they follow the TSB removal procedure, a one piece plug should not get stuck, you still have to follow the removal procedure with a one piece design! Your service manager is feeding you a bunch of Crap to keep you under his thumb!....I would never deal with him again!.....
Tis what dealers do best and I understand what you're sayin.Did'nt mean to sound like I believed him, just postin his reply.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Well you guys aren't going to believe this. I went to Oreillys to pick up my plugs and guess what. They couldn't get them. The reason why, a feakin Ford dealer bought all 192 plugs out of their warehouse a couple of hours before I called. The manager said the warehouse now has 195 on backorder and not sure when he'll be able to get his hands on them but will check around.

In the mean time I just purchased them online from sparkplugs.com They have them for $16.23 each with ground shipping @ $11.28. So as long as these are not on backorder too I should have plugs next week.

As far as these plugs screwing up the threads that will probably only happen if you leave them in for 100K miles. I plan to pull them every 20K to 30K miles to see what they look like and clean them off if needed.

Wonder which dealership they went to?If we knew then someone here may get some benefit. Anyway somebodys gotta try them first and I hope they are the answer for you and others. To bad Ford don't care as much about their trucks as their owners do.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by hillbilly4u
Wonder which dealership they went to?If we knew then someone here may get some benefit. Anyway somebodys gotta try them first and I hope they are the answer for you and others. To bad Ford don't care as much about their trucks as their owners do.
Well stated!.........

Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 PM
On another note, I didn't notice how well hidden these plugs are until tonight. I'm 6'6" tall(yeah I know, I didn't know they stacked sh-t that high either) and I swear, I wish I was a midget so I could climb right on in the engine compartment. Those back plugs are going to a pain to mess with. I couldn't imagine trying to fish plug fragments out of the deep holes in the back two cylinders. A bore scope seems almost mandatory to make sure nothing falls in there. I work in medicine. I wonder if GI Surgery will loan me their endoscope for a few hours(Hah, hah). IF someone has a good step-by-step on the easiest way to get to all of them, please post in this section b/c I'm sure I would make life a little more simple.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 AM
did anyone else see that they are in the middle heat range between the h1 and h2?I read through the whole thing but at different times so not sure if someone else mentioned it.Wonder if the heat range difference is good or bad.Also see the gapping suggested is more for these.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Well guys they are on backorder on sparkplugs.com too. They said my order would ship on 3/16.

Also in another thread a guy stated that a dealer in his area also bought out all of these. Do you think Ford is having the dealers get as many as possible or is just the dealers themselves wanting to try something new?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Well guys they are on backorder on sparkplugs.com too. They said my order would ship on 3/16.

Also in another thread a guy stated that a dealer in his area also bought out all of these. Do you think Ford is having the dealers get as many as possible or is just the dealers themselves wanting to try something new?
Hopefully it's the dealers who are wanting to try something new, if you think about it, If I owned a dealership, I would not want to be treating any of my
past/ present/future truck customers this way........& Ford is not helping matters......

Old 02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
It's probably the same dumb-ss dealers sucking up all the Champion plugs that when asked deny having even heard of a plug problem with this engine. What a hoot!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
you are right, but they were too busy redesigning the new 2009 abortion of a body style makeover F150
Here here I second this motion.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by tomclem
It's probably the same dumb-ss dealers sucking up all the Champion plugs that when asked deny having even heard of a plug problem with this engine. What a hoot!!!!!!

They're probbaly buyin them up for 12 to 15 dollars and then gonna sell them back to the people that want them for 2 or 3 times the price.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
How about a conspiracy theory? Ford has told dealers to buy up all they can to keep them out of the hands of the public?

I'd like to think these are actually savvy dealers that want to use them to HELP their customers avoid later issues.........or maybe install them on the brand new trucks on the lot for this reason.......

BUT! Why don't they try to buy out all the Brisk plugs too?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
BUT! Why don't they try to buy out all the Brisk plugs too?
Maybe because the Brisks aren't platinum..??..

Quick Reply: Champion Develops "FIX" Plug for 5.4L 3 valves!