lOST POWER

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I pulled some plugs today. They put Autolite plugs in...WHYYY!!! Looks like I'll be changing those out sometime this weekend. Doesn't look like they even took the time to gap them either. Crooks.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Holy crap! Autolites in a 98 !! How did it run lol.. My 98 5.4L took a complete dump in about 40 miles. It was only running on 6 cylinders before it finally just quit..

Well , you found your lack of power problem..

BTW - Do you have the coolant bleeding procedure ? I think it's in the Haynes & Chilton's books. I have it on DVD here if you don't..

If you need it , let me know.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-21-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Well I haven't gotten a chance to change those autolites out yet...unfortunately. I think I'm going to put in Motorcraft fine wire platinums. Is that a good choice?? I'm hopeing to be able to tomorrow.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help with the power issue that I've been battleing.

I do have the Haynes manual so I'll have to look if the coolant bleeding procedure is in there. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by 98f150guy; 02-24-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by 98f150guy
Well I haven't gotten a chance to change those autolites out yet...unfortunately. I think I'm going to put in Motorcraft fine wire platinums. Is that a good choice?? I'm hopeing to be able to tomorrow.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help with the power issue that I've been battleing.

I do have the Haynes manual so I'll have to look if the coolant bleeding procedure is in there. Thanks for the input.
Some people run fine on the autolites, because autolite does make the plugs for motorcraft. I would put the factory plug in it, part #AWSF22E.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by joshmac4.6
autolite does make the plugs for motorcraft. I would put the factory plug in it, part #AWSF22E.
Yea I would use the Motorcraft.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-24-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Yes , that's a great choice in plugs

Old 02-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Smile

Aright, put in the new plugs today. Runs much better. Smoother, better throttle response, and quicker. Can even tell a difference at idle. The autolites had a rough idle, slow response, and seemed to bog down when looking for power. Motorcrafts are nice! IMO always...always, run Motorcraft.

Next I'd like to either get magnaflow exhaust or a programmer. Both which are pricy. I think I might wait a bit though and just enjoy the smoothness for now. Can't bring myself to dump that much money right now.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Aright, put in the new plugs today. Runs much better. Smoother, better throttle response, and quicker. Can even tell a difference at idle. The autolites had a rough idle, slow response, and seemed to bog down when looking for power. Motorcrafts are nice! IMO always...always, run Motorcraft.

Next I'd like to either get magnaflow exhaust or a programmer. Both which are pricy. I think I might wait a bit though and just enjoy the smoothness for now. Can't bring myself to dump that much money right now.

Congrats

Yea , those damn Autolites kicked my a$$. I changed my plugs out 3 times within a two week period because of people saying those were for Ford motors

To top it off - I couldn't get authorization from Honeywell for a refund after they didn't work!! They said it was my dumba$$ fault for not purchasing the OEM Motorcraft units.

Hell , why would Honeywell need Motorcraft if Autolites were just as good. Pi$$es me off , when you go to purchase plugs to maintain your vehicle and they try to sell you a set of Autolites.

Well actually, there response in the letter indicated that Motorcraft Plugs are built to Ford Specifications and the Autolite Plugs are not.

I would come here before you replace anything on your truck for info.

Glad you gotter fixed .

Last edited by jbrew; 02-25-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:54 PM
What are the chances of injectors from a 08 4.6 f150 "6" engine fitting and working in a 98 4.6 f150 "W" engine? Are they still a similar design to where they would work???

Quick Reply: lOST POWER