4.6 cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4.6 cutting out

hey everyone

so heres my problem. i was driving along today in rush hour traffic when i got hit with a "check gauges" message followed by power steering loss, power brake loss, and my engine shutting off.

my oil pressure gauge dropped to low and i shuttered to a stop.

all the other power accessories worked (CD, heat, lights)

i checked the oil which was fine, no oil slick behind me and pleanty on the dip stick. and nothing leaking underneath.

i went back in and cranked it and it shuttered for a second then reved to life. I drove it about another 2 miles then when i had to slow down for more traffic it did it again. well i cranked it over and drove it the last 2 miles home with no incident

my truck is a 2005 f150 with the 4.6L. I use AMSoil and motocraft filters. the truck was recently drove from minnesota to maryland with no incident.

any ideas? im hoping to get this solved by xmas so i can get it back to minnesota. any help would be great thanks guys!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yea , strange problem!! Post in the 2004- present forum too

Good Luck

Old 12-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the same problem except mine is a 2004 this just happend to me yesterday please let me knwo what you did pm me or post please. i heard something about a aic but not sure. please lt em know thanks

Old 12-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's just a guess, but I would check the serpentine belt. The belt could be slipping badly or mostly shredded, but not completely broken. It is the only thing I can think of that is in common with all the things you said stopped working...

Later,
Mike

Quick Reply: 4.6 cutting out