Wheel well removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel well removal

My wife wrecked my truck pulling into the MAC machine this weekend when I was away at the Bristol race and it left a nice dent in the front quarter panel. I am going to remove the plastic wheel well cover and TRY to pund the dent out. Is there a trick to removing that plastic cover? It just won't come oof of there!

Thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are screws that hold it in that go into the fender, then there are a few on the bottom back side. there may be a few plastic clips up in the middle of the liner

Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
If your truck is a '97 thru '03 then it's pretty simple.

Like built54 said it's just a few screws, I think it's a total of 5 but I could be wrong on the count.

Now if it is a 4 wheel drive you will have the additional wheel well trim that will have to be lossened or removed.

Really it only needs to be loosed to access the fender liner screws. Just remove all the mount screws for the trim peace. It will stay on as there are all so some clip things holding it. Try not to undo the clips as they are more likely to break than pop loose.

With the trim screws out, there should be anough play that you can reach all the liner screws.

Doug

Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I will have to buy some plastic body screws before I attempt this because once I pull them out they are usually destroyed.

Quick Reply: Wheel well removal