4.6L Startup driving Bog

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.6L Startup driving Bog

I have an 07 F150 with the 4.6L engine in it.

At around 10,000 KMS i noticed that if i turned the key from off to Accessories i got a squeek/squeal from the rear diff area. I was told this was my fuel pump so they replaced it....but i still have the noise. Not a big deal though.

The problem is when my truck has been sitting over night or at work for like 9 hours and i go to drive i get a bog down.

It starts fine then i put it into Drive and about 3-4 seconds later its like im getting no gas. It actually slows me down, if i give it more gas it is unresponsive and sometimes bogs down more and a few times it has sounded like it has dry fired a piston... like a metal on metal slapping sound. When this happens i release my foot from the gas for a few seconds and all is good again.

Any idea what i should tell them to look for when i take it in for my 15K service? Thanks

Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck needs to recurr these symptoms for the mechanic, or there is no problem with it.......best of luck. My son's '05 with a 4.6L rattles on cold starts after sitting for a couple days. We left it at the dealer on friday, with instructions not to start it up untill Monday with the mechanic present.

Quick Reply: 4.6L Startup driving Bog