95 F150 302 Stumble/ Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 F150 302 Stumble/ Misfire

I have a '95 F-150 302 with a miss/ stumble problem. The problem is very erratic in nature at idle. Some days worse than others. However, I notice a very radical miss/ stumble at wide open throttle prior to shifting to 2nd, AT. I do not notice anything driving at 60mph or so. I have replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, cleaned throttle bodies, IAC (right side of TBs?), MAF (air tube after air box?, not disassembled just carb and choke, and countless bottles of fuel injector cleaner. I plan on having the codes run, but do not have a check engine light. I am thinking coil or fuel pump. My experience with coils, is either they work or do not. How do I check the fuel pressure and where do I get a gauge. I did replace the PCV and vacuum line. I also replaced the vacuum line to the booster. I do not here any vacuum leaks and all the other lines coming from the top/ center of plenum are hard. I also doused all vacuum lines with carb and choke cleaner. All of this was done with no success. I only have a single tank and can not switch between tanks to see if the problem goes away. I have looked and looked, but not seen anyone talk about a high rpm misfire. Any advice is welcomed. Also, I have a dimming radio/ cluster light issue at night, but this follows the miss.

Thank you, Brock

Quick Reply: 95 F150 302 Stumble/ Misfire