Accel Coil Wiring Connections

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Accel Coil Wiring Connections

Hello all,

I think I've messed up again and need some help.

I've got a 97 f150 with the 4.6. A few years ago, I installed the accel 4 tower coils and have had several people working on my engine since.

This weekend, I was replacing the plug wires (because the truck was not running well )and recalled the instructions that came with the Accel coil called for a different wiring layout from the original motorcraft coils that came with the truck. I think sometime along the line a mechanic tried to re-arrange the wires based upon the original ford layout.

Does anyone know the order of the wires for the passenger and driver's side coil towers?

thanks

ihilani

Old 10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by ihilani
Hello all,

I've got a 97 f150 with the 4.6. A few years ago, I installed the accel 4 tower coils and have had several people working on my engine since.

This weekend, I was replacing the plug wires (because the truck was not running well )and recalled the instructions that came with the Accel coil called for a different wiring layout from the original motorcraft coils that came with the truck. I think sometime along the line a mechanic tried to re-arrange the wires based upon the original ford layout.

Does anyone know the order of the wires for the passenger and driver's side coil towers?

thanks

ihilani
never ran into this problem... but the accel coils came with instructions on which wire goes where...

Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
7/1 8/3

4/6 2/5
HARNESS

Thats what my ACCEL instructions say.
However, I just now noticed, at the bottom it says "For insure proper system operation the plug wires must be reinstalled in their original locations"

I have my wires in the factory spots...even though it says elsewise on the ACCEL instructions. It confused me when I saw it was different from stock. I wired it up the stock way first and it ran fine, then tried it the ACCEL way and it ran like poo. But it sounds like yours is different...strange.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by ihilani
Hello all,

thanks

ihilani
why didnt you unbolt the coil.. first with out taking any wires off... install the new coil... then put each wire in its place off the original... you cant put a wire in the wrong spot if your dont look at it see where its labeled for each wire... they are stamped just as the originals are.. not hard to do.. bolt on and plug and play ..

Old 10-26-2006, 08:27 AM
the COP's fire two at a time.. lol so its kinda hard to get them wrong... even if u do have 2 in the wrong place.. just move them again and it will likely be correct

Quick Reply: Accel Coil Wiring Connections