Please Help I Need All I Can Get.................

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help I Need All I Can Get.................

I have a 86 F-150, 302ci, 4x4. what i need help on it is my power steering belt broke last sunday so i went yesterday and got a new belt for the power steering and i thought what the hell get a alternator belt also since you have to take the alternator belt off to put the power steering belt on. on my way back from autozone my engine started smoking from the radiator.....would that be the water pump, or the thermistate ( sorry i can't spell ). but what would be the most likely thing that would cause that.......

thank you for your advise

j addy

Old 02-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Did the power steering belt also run on the water pump? Was there a belt running the water pump when you were driving to get the new belt? "Smoke" from the radiator sounds like the engine overheated. Did the temp gauge indicate so? Was there a squealing noise at the same time as the smoke? Perhaps you smoked (pardon the pun) your remaining fan belt.

We could use more information.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
yea that engine is all indvidual fan belts. i guess you must have gotten some bad luck and blown two belts at the same time. Did you really fry the engine, for was it only over heating for a few min?